SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Yeti "pickle" bucket
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yeti "pickle" bucket Login/Join 
posted
Yes, I am a Yeti hater. I find their ice chests heavy, ridiculously big for what little internal space you get, and stupid expensive. But, I know people love to buy them and put a Yeti sticker on the back of their trucks

But yesterday I actually LOL when I saw in a sporting goods store a Yeti 5 gal bucket....for $40! A fucking $40 bucket? They claim it is "over built to last". I can buy 10 Home Depot 5 gal buckets for under $28. Shit, I have 3 5 gal buckets from our gas station that held diff fluid, those are over 20 years old. Exactly how much better is the Yeti.

I would love to meet someone that actually bought a Yeti bucket.

As my mom used to say, a fool and their money are soon parted.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I have yet to see a Yeti bucket...I need to go look.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Ha hahahahahahaha! They sell LIDS for $39 as well.

Are these magical buckets?

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:

I once knew a girl who had one of those! Big Grin

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bet your GFs buckets cost you way more than 40 bucks.
I get a card in the mail from Chevy about once a month that says if I test drive a new Chevy, I get some kind of Yeti item. I haul ass right up to the dealer and collect. I have done it so often they just Yeti me and dont bother with the test ride.
I then sell the Yeti to my buddies cheap and use the cash to buy ammo. Given Yetis tiff with NRA, I feel this is quite fitting. Thanks, Chevy and Yeti!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
As someone who owns several Yeti products (but no sticker on the truck) I think the bucket and other items unrelated to keeping things cold/hot are stupid.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:

Like Jack's beanstalk beans.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yes they are magical buckets... magically lifting $$$ out of your wallet!!!!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll admit, I've never understood the Yeti fascination. OK, you can keep your hot dogs cold for a week straight, but who cares? If you are hauling that coffin size cooler around, you came in a vehicle, not on foot. New ice isn't THAT far away.

I remember seeing something about this bucket and its handle rating. If I recall, it was several hundred pounds. What's the plan for lifting it with that much weight and how far are you planning to take it?

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
I buy a lot of stickers and stuff from these guys.

Shiti Coolers

I place their stickers on my beat to fuck Coleman products that I've had forever. I also really enjoy one of their tag lines; "Lets face it, that 30 rack of beer isn't going to last longer than 6 hours anyway". Or some such thing.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
There is this accessory from Amazon which probably makes it a better value Big Grin...when only the best will do do...

https://www.amazon.com/Wild-St...GB35Q18CPVVDW38QSPG0

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
quote:

Like Jack's beanstalk beans.

Or magical grits. Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
I'll admit, I've never understood the Yeti fascination. OK, you can keep your hot dogs cold for a week straight, but who cares? If you are hauling that coffin size cooler around, you came in a vehicle, not on foot. New ice isn't THAT far away.

I get a pretty good discount on Yeti though a friend, so I'm only partially crazy, but when I bought mine, the purpose was for hurricanes. Having the ability to keep food from spoiling after day 2 has been very useful.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
There is this accessory from Amazon which probably makes it a better value Big Grin...when only the best will do do...

https://www.amazon.com/Wild-St...GB35Q18CPVVDW38QSPG0

Jeepers! Why would anyone want to keep that warm?

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
We do lots of long road trips to the middle of nowhere to camp. We looked at expensive coolers, but ultimately ended up with a $30 Coleman. We usually fill a couple of gallon jugs with ice water and freeze them before we leave...along with frozen food, that's usually good for 4-5 days as long as you don't leave the cooler in the sun. Added bonus is there's no melt water to drain, it's all contained in the jug. Once that's gone, it's gas stations or grocery stores and bags (or blocks if we can get them) of ice...usually good for 2-3 days.

I got a yeti travel mug from work one year. My wife likes it...it's way too big and heavy as far as I'm concerned. I'm primary a water drinker, anyway, and I'd rather have a smaller, lighter container that doesn't cost $100 and will simply live with lukewarm water rather than carry that enormous thing around that only holds half of what my bottle does.

Posts: 8417 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Ozark Trail from Walmart offers identical performance for basically 25% of the price. The coolers are awesome, but for the price of a Yeti I can make a really good argument for a vehicle mounted refrigerator.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I stood there a while in the store starring at the Yeti bucket... "I have to be missing something? It can't be just a bucket? Is this a joke? Sort of a gag gift to buy someone who owns a lot of Yeti stuff? Or does it do something else?" Big Grin

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I have to agree on the OP's opinion on the Yeti bucket....

but as for HomeDepot buckets... they aren't worth the $3 even.... they are crap. In my job I reused 5 gallon buckets all the time to haul debris and mix mortar.... have used some recycled buckets for over 20 years.... I tried to use a couple of HD buckets and damn things fell apart on the 2nd time around.

Do some dumpster diving and just get a sheet rock mud bucket and clean it out and you have a tool you can use for decades.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I bought a Yet I cooler once, but they threw in a 5th wheel to carry it.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do some dumpster diving and just get a sheet rock mud bucket and clean it out and you have a tool you can use for decades.

Or even a pickle bucket from a burger place!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post