SIGforum
Please learn to spell if you are going to spam me.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/7090056674

November 15, 2020, 01:17 PM
pedropcola
Please learn to spell if you are going to spam me.
I love Danner boots. I never pay full tilt but I love them. Danner has a new boot. Inspired by the Alaskan blah blah blah. 380 bones. Inspired by the terrain that rings the Bearing Sea... The Bearing Sea? For fucks sake at least pretend like you know what a map is and how to spell. Aliska, the last untamed wilderness. Fml.
November 15, 2020, 03:41 PM
Fredward
I've given up. Between spelling errors and poor grammar, much of the internet is nearly unreadable. Even major news agencies get it wrong. It's very frustrating.
November 19, 2020, 05:23 PM
CoolRich59
This is pet peeve of mine.

You'd think multi-billion dollar corporations could have someone who passed basic English language skills, like spelling and grammar.

I see typos and grammatical errors all the time now. My guess is that it's now a microaggression to criticize poor grammar and bad spelling.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant
November 19, 2020, 08:36 PM
pedropcola
They responded to my email. With a grammatically painful reply. If it was intentional then I could appreciate the humor. Alas, I doubt it was.