SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Thrown under the bus
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thrown under the bus Login/Join 
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted
This early evening was picking up a to-go-order of BBQ of brisket with some marbeling/ sausage/tater salid/ baked beans/ and nanner pudding. Another customer entered as they were filling my order and the girl behind the counter told him they were out of something that he had ordered and that I had ordered the last one of what ever it as that he wanted. The customer gave me a dirty look and walked out. Told the girl "thanks for throwing me under the bus". Told her I would not hold it against her as long as they keep the food coming. ............................... drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing you pre-ordered & customer 2 didn't?
No harm, no foul, in that case, IMO.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Even if the OP hadn't pre-ordered, it's first come, first served. What would have been the dick move is if the second customer had pre-ordered but they gave his portion to the OP, instead.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
BBQ is so many more levels above the last rolls of toilet paper, I can understand the dirty look. Big Grin
Though, sorry it was directed at you.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ to answer the question about if it was a preorder on either customer. Answer is no on the pre-order as both of us were walk-in orders. first come= first served. By less than 2 minutes.................. drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ to answer the question about if it was a preorder on either customer. Answer is no on the pre-order as both of us were walk-in orders. first come= first served. By less than 2 minutes.................. drill sgt.

Tell them the rest of the story. He ordered the wrong stuff for his wife and had to go back. LOL

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
The first rule of BBQ is knowing when it's gone, it's gone.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
quote:

Tell them the rest of the story. He ordered the wrong stuff for his wife and had to go back. LOL
^^^^^ That's right about her order but she ate it any way. The only reason I went back was they forgot the "nanner puddin"......... And charlie 12 you keep spilling the rest of the story. Guess i"ll have to censor my radio traffic. .................. drill sgt.

Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
quote:

^^^^^ That's right about her order but she ate it any way. The only reason I went back was they forgot the "nanner puddin"......... And charlie 12 you keep spilling the rest of the story. Guess i"ll have to censor my radio traffic. .................. drill sgt.

I can't read you half the time anyway. Sit up in that chair

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
Sometimes you're the windshield

Sometimes you're the bug

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 715 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:

The early bird gets the meat!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sorry , I thought this was about buses

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
What a stupid thing for the counter person to have shared! I for one would have preferred to be told somthing like..... "I'm sorry but we've sold out of that item for today."

It seems they are throwing salt in the wound by intimating I was just a few seconds to late.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Some days you catch the elevator. Other days you catch the shaft.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
The first rule of BBQ is knowing when it's gone, it's gone.
No doubt. With the dirty look you should of said you snooze you looze.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should have offered to sell it to the guy at a markup .

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
Should have offered to sell it to the guy at a markup .

Exactly what I was thinking!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post