SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I Call My Cellphone Chucky
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Call My Cellphone Chucky Login/Join 
posted
About a year ago, I decided I should have a newer phone, so I put aside my perfectly good Samsung Note 4 and opted for a new Samsung S9+, big mistake ! I have another 12 months of payments before I can "upgrade". Not long after the warranty ran out, it decided to start having fun with me. This is fresh in my mind because for the second time in as many months, it decided to wake me up at 6 am with the alarm. Not only, did I not set the alarm, I didn't know until recently, that it had an alarm. There are times that I can't get the phone to work, only to find it is in airplane mode. Often, if I am outside and need to take an important photo and of course with these damned LCD screens, you can't see a thing in sunlight, I go to camera only to find out later, I have taken a selfie or a video, when I just wanted a snapshot. The other day, the screen was black and the script was in white. I found out it was in "night" mode. Again, I had no idea it had a night mode. There are other things it has done on its own, too numerous to mention. Verizon people tell me to lock my screen ...makes no difference. They tell me I'm hitting something when I put it in my pocket or take it out. Not sure how I can do that with just touching the phone, when if I wanted to do it on purpose, it would take 3-4 inputs. I tell you the damned phone is possessed. I fully expect that one day I'll need to make a phone call and when I pull up the keypad, the display will show "666" .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
You probably need one of these, instead:

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
Check to see if you have accidental touch protection turned on. If not, enable it.

Open settings, go to Display, and scroll down until you see it.

Hey, at least you haven't put your phone into your pocket and accidentally called a business vendor while you went into the bathroom and used the urinal. That would be really embarrassing... Or so I hear. Wink Eek

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gear.Up:

at least you haven't put your phone into your pocket and accidentally called a business vendor while you went into the bathroom and used the urinal.
Nope, I have never done that to call a vendor. Never. Customer, maybe, but not a vendor. Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gear.Up:
Check to see if you have accidental touch protection turned on. If not, enable it.

Open settings, go to Display, and scroll down until you see it.

Hey, at least you haven't put your phone into your pocket and accidentally called a business vendor while you went into the bathroom and used the urinal. That would be really embarrassing... Or so I hear. Wink Eek

Thanks for the suggestion but I just checked and it is ON.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Your screen lock is on, right? Requiring a pin/fingerprint to to get past the lock screen?

Get in the habit of locking the phone when it leaves your hand. On my phone, it's a quick tap of the side power button.

Your S9 should be perfectly readable in bright sunlight. Adjust the brightness up until you can see it in bright sunlight (while you are out in the sun). The phone has a light sensor, so now it will remember this brightness setting whenever you are outside in bright light.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
In order to be able to use your camera (on your smartphone), set your screen brightness to "AUTO".

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I go to Brightness, I see no Auto.

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Go to Settings > Display Settings.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LoL, I just switched back to my Note 4. I stopped using it in December 2017. I broke the screen on my other phone. Decided to just use the Note 4 for a while.

-----------------
Silenced on the net, Just like Trump

Posts: 578 | Location: SUX | Registered: May 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Yeah - I'm thinking accidental touching as well. I have the same phone and will do that from time to time. Not as bad as you describe, but once every couple of months I'll activate something accidently...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Thank you for showing me accidental touch protection. Why in the world is this not a federally-mandated feature on all brands of smartphones? I need it! My Pixel 2 doesn't have it.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post