SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Probate Court
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Probate Court Login/Join 
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
Sold the car yesterday, didn't wait on the court, fuck them. Took my letters of authority along with a death certificate to the WV DMV and we got it done, turned in the payment to the lawyer. The judge can do whatever he wants on Tuesday.

Probate court sent me a bill for $16 for the documents approved in the past, what assholes.

As far as Jimmy no big deal. Kind of reminds of what Lou Holtz said at a sports dinner I was at, I'm paraphrasing, "Don't bother people with your problems because 80% don't care and the other 20% are glad you have them".

Now my goal is to get reimbursed for my burial costs, when/if I can get this done the courts and lawyers can do whatever the hell they want.

Thanks for the thoughts, appreciate the understanding, and yes this is the dumbest thing I have done in my lifetime so far. I'm telling all other siblings, friends, and relatives that I will not do this for anyone else unless they have a detailed will. Only reason I did my brother without a will is because its what my mom would have told me to do. Don't think I could go to her grave if I would have abandoned him.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife took care of everything for her parent's after they passed and they each had a Will . It was still hell due to the amount of debt and her two siblings that did nothing to help her . If somebody asks you to be their Executor , think long and hard about it .

Posts: 4055 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
Why even deal with it at all if your brother was insolvent?

I did not mean for this comment the way it sounds. I am sorry for the loss of your brother. I am sorry that the comment came across that way.

What I meant to say was if your brother was insolvent, why go through the expense of a lawyer and selling the things to simply pay creditors with the money and still not have enough to pay all of them, rather than simply letting the creditors get the items they loaned the money on themselves. They have attorneys and procedures for doing this very thing and might fight you because you paid one creditor off and not another. Again, I am sorry my comment came across as rude or unsympathetic. I did not mean to not bury your brother properly, I was only speaking about the material things that are insolvent.

Will stick to firearms

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. This has to be very frustrating on top of losing your brother.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post