SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Moving Casualty ...Emerson CQC
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moving Casualty ...Emerson CQC Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted
Well...been carrying this knife every day (night) since 2010 or so.

Had it at work last Friday night, came home and washed uniforms and when I was putting everything back together to go to work Sunday night, it was nowhere to be found.

Guess I used it to open a box or something and it got disappeared. Been looking for a week with no luck.

Damn. Not a cheap mistake. Loved that knife.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
It will turn up when you least expect to find it.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Yep...probably right after I order a replacement...

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
After you get the replacement in hand and walk into the house, you’ll hit the old one with your foot. Wink

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:

Yes.

When my wife and I first started dating she saw that I was into knives and proudly showed my this little folder that she had and loved. We went out to make a day of things and it promptly disappeared. Couldn’t find it anywhere. I started looking for a replacement and of course it turned out to be discontinued. I ended up finding one for three times the original cost and ordered it for her. The day it arrived I gave it to her and we went out to dinner. When she got in my car and pulled out the seatbelt, there was the original knife. The belt had hooked the clip and pulled it out of her pocket. It just happened that no one had used my passenger belt again until that night. Now she has two.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:

No doubt.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:

This...

I misplaced my edc a spyderco military, I did not even look for it....order a knife I have been drooling over for years but could not justify a Spyderco Vallotton ....which is amazing if not a bit thick

Yup, the military showed up 3 weeks later like it was jealous

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:

Chongo - send me an e-mail with an address, I’ve got a CQC-7 sitting around that never gets carried. Happy to send it on to someone that will use it.

Brucet@demaximis.com

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
It will be in the last place that you look.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I won a Chris Reeve Sebenza. Wore it for a while until the clip snagged on a seat belt in the patrol car.
Fortunately, I found it under the seat the next shift.
Hello, Spyderco Endura!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I can relate.

Many years ago when I made my first move as an adult, I left the my Sheridan Blue Streak on the top of a shelving unit in the basement. You couldn't see it while standing on the floor. I also left a Kitchen Aid stand mixer in the back corner of one of the kitchen cabinets. I didn't realize either were gone until years later.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
OP, if the above offer doesn't work out my email is in my profile.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
E mail in my profile,send me yours and I will send you a karma.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Y’all guys sure are swell Big Grin

I’ll get up with you soon. Hanging ceiling fans and getting ready for work right now.

-JALLEN

Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Once lost a Benchmade...couldn't find it anywhere. Fast forward six months and I decided to order another. The day after I tecieved the new one I found the missing knife in the front pocket of an old pair of jeans. It'll show up...eventually.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1900 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
Chong-, I feel ya
I VERY rarely lose anything, but I have put a metric shit ton of things down in stupid places
It will show

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
45 cal and feersum dreadnaught, emails sent.

I've spent several hours going through the house, boxes, and vehicles trying to find the bugger. No dice.

The wife and I disposed of all the moving supplies Saturday. I went through every single box checking. Plus I moved/went through everything around in the mud room where I take off my uniform when I get home. No clue where this thing went.

-JALLEN

Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Mail received ,waiting for your reply sir.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
It is in the squad car, unit, vehicle, whatever you call it. It's on the right of the driver's seat, down near the seat rail, where it fell out when you were on patrol. It's not in the house.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lost a Swiss Army Knife when I was in the Army. Over a year later a friend saw one on the ground elsewhere. Picked it up and noticed some of the chips on my handle that identified it as mine and returned it. Keep hope alive for your Emerson, it may show up later.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post