SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    These times really try or teach patience
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

These times really try or teach patience Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
I'm conflicted. My patience is both being tested and tried. And also learning how to be more patient.

Almost everything I want to buy related to gun parts (not even guns, just parts) are out of stock, many that you can't even back order (presumably because they have no idea when the part will be made and stock will be available).

Nothing critical but still.....

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12717 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Worry only about the things you can control; do not worry abut things outside of your control.

Of the things you can control, do not worry about the small stuff.

Everything is small stuff.

In less than eighty years from now, it won't matter to you. In a thousand years from now, it won't matter to anyone. In a million years, it won't matter at all.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19656 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Never sweat petty things... and vice versa.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Guess I'm in the right spot at the right time.

My last LGS trip temped me with a P226 Legion or a Glock 19 (both in 9mm), but I bought a case of 10mm and six boxes of Hydrashock 357 Sig. I could have opted for the 18 boxes of 45 Auto, but my budget did not allow for it.

This may happen to you when you go next time. Shop the local stores and not the chains and you might be surprised. All of the chain stores are empty, and the long established store has no one at the ammo counter so we can all just stare at bullets. I have gotten their attention by walking behind the counter and getting the ammo myself, but they get pissy.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Almost everything I want to buy related to gun parts (not even guns, just parts) are out of stock

I guess my timing must have been pretty good as I've been able to get most things I've wanted/needed recently. My last purchase was red dot sights. I bought 3 different ones because I couldn't decide which I'd like better...figured I could sell the ones I didn't like, likely at a slight profit.

The only things I'd like to have more of is SPP because I'm down to my last 10k. After the last shortage I keep pretty stocked up on powder and bullets. I tipped the last workman at the house with 100 rounds of assorted 9mm

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14183 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Just for the record and I honestly don’t mean to sound judgemental and also for the record I have felt the same way.

That said lots of folks are out of work, lots of folks have lost their dream/livelihood after a lifetime of building something. Hell lots of folks have lost their lives.

I am of the opinion that if you/I are blessed enough to put food on the table/take care of our own and be blessed enough to bitch about lack of gun parts likely for a “toy” beyond our basic self defense needs or any other toys, then frankly we are BLESSED and should be thanking whatever higher power you choose.

I say that as much to say it to myself as to say it to anybody else.

Absolutely no disrespect meant.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
You’re absolutely right and my wife tries to remind me all the time. I forget to smell the roses and appreciate the wonderful life I have.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12717 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gotta keep telling myself that I am the most fortunate person that I know,

For some reason, no matter how much I avoid the news,

My mind keeps wrapping around the wrong the negative information and wringing the positive out of me.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54622 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get down too, especially last night reading the Trump thread.
But then I come to What's your deal and can't help but laugh at the problems pepole come here to bitch about.
Like the post office taking too long to mail a letter.
Or not being able to support the big corporate greed as easily and forced to be your own checker at Wal-mart.
Not buying ammo when the prices where awesome!! And being told buy Para to stock up.

Pretty petty problems, especially when you look back to now 10 years from now. It's not going to get any better.

Posts: 437 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My mind keeps wrapping around the wrong the negative information and wringing the positive out of me.
^^^^^^^^^^
You need more sleep. Look at the time of your post.

Posts: 17228 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Agreed.

My wife reminds me that a problem that can solved with money isn't really a problem in the grand sense of the word.

quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
You’re absolutely right and my wife tries to remind me all the time. I forget to smell the roses and appreciate the wonderful life I have.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
My wife reminds me that a problem that can solved with money isn't really a problem

unless of course you don't have the money

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I start to get depressed with life now, I start counting my blessings. That usually takes care of it.

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2339 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post