SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    No, I will not disable my ad-blocker for your piece of crap website
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No, I will not disable my ad-blocker for your piece of crap website Login/Join 
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted
I will simply back out and look somewhere else for the information you purport to possess. If you weren't such greedy assholes, and litter your page top to bottom with ANIMATED ADS that interfere with the basic functioning of the webpage, I might not have to run ad blocker at all. But since you and your kind insist on trying to squeeze every last dime out of your online presence possible, and in doing so make the webpage essentially useless, I have no sympathy for you. Fuck off.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Some sites are just totally unreadable or blocked with ads to the point you do just say fuck this and leave. I don't get the strategy. Ok, you have ads that's ok and I get it. But to render your site unusable makes no sense

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I've done it on request. If the results are annoying, I leave. No biggie.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forbes does this crap. If article looks interesting enough I pause the Ad Blocker read it, and unpause the Ad blocker. If not I move on and find the article some place else.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Forbes does this crap. If article looks interesting enough I pause the Ad Blocker read it, and unpause the Ad blocker. If not I move on and find the article some place else.

I've skipped many Forbes's pages because of this.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Along with that, what yahoo felt it was a good idea to have videos auto start playing when you hit the site, I have my audio muted because of these things....

Jackwads...

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I've done it on request. If the results are annoying, I leave. No biggie.
Same here.

Whether it's because of ads or not, if a site runs poorly (too much overhead usually), I am generally gone within seconds.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7256 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I don't need anything online bad enough to suffer through ads, same for TV commercials, and radio/music, and I don't care one tiny bit if that's how they generate revenue. Figure it out another way, or die off, or find a sucker who doesn't mind, because I refuse. Most advertising is a scourge, a pox upon humanity and civilization, an unnecessary evil, at best. I remain perplexed and doubtful that it really works very well at all, anyway. The number of times it's positively affected a purchase in my life has to be incredibly small. Most often I make it a point to specifically avoid those items/brands who annoy me with ads. The signal to noise ratio of advertising in general has to be 100,000,000:1, or worse.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post