SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Be Careful If You Are Tempted To Deal With TacticalAssaultGearStore.com
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Be Careful If You Are Tempted To Deal With TacticalAssaultGearStore.com Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
They are right up there with some of the other slimy sleazy merchants.

Their website showed some of the elusive magazines for 9mm P239 in stock.

I placed an order, which was accepted, received an email with an acknowledgement, an order number, and expected delivery in five to seven days.

I look at my credit card issuer's website and I see a hold -- a "Pending Charge."

This was all A WEEK AGO.

I subsequently received an email stating that the vendor cancelled the order: The item, which showed IN STOCK on their website when I placed the order, is no longer available, manufacture discontinued.

For a week now, there has been a hold for "Pending Charge" on my credit card -- funds are not available to me.

I cannot initiate a dispute until the charges post, unable to initiate a dispute while the charges a "Pending."

I have been trying to contact the vendor, Tactical Assault Gear, for a week. They refuse to respond. Bastages.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A personal prejudice, but I won't deal with anything with Assault or Tactical in the name if I have a choice. Of course, with 239 mags, choices are limited.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

I won't deal with anything with Assault or Tactical in the name
So this one is like a Double Whammy.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Check to see if you can cancel the card and get re-issued with charges pending. Some card issuers will permit, but many do not.

The vendor would need to initiate the collections effort and likely would not, as you have proof they canceled the order.

Most "pendings" will automatically release in 30 days, if the transaction is not finalized.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Check to see if you can cancel the card and get re-issued with charges pending. Some card issuers will permit, but many do not.
Wouldn't a replacement card just carry over everything that is on the account, including pending charges?
quote:
The vendor would need to initiate the collections effort and likely would not, as you have proof they canceled the order.
I'm pretty sure that the the Tactical Assault schmucks would not initiate any collections action. I don't thing that they're trying to scam me be actually trying to charge for a non-sale. My best guess is that they placed a hold for funds prior to shipping, with the intention of posting the charge when the magazines actually shipped, then when they could not get the magazines THAT THEY SAID WERE IN STOCK (yet another drop-ship outfit?), they just did not get around to releasing the hold. I chalk it up to incompetence and indifference on their part, rather than deliberate cheating, but it pisses me off that they will not respond to me. Sock tuckers. Cork soakers. Coke sorters.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Typically, only charges posted are carried over. Pending's may drop.

I only mentioned it in case you wanted to try and get a quicker remedy. Phone call or two.

And as I said, it is "generic" information.

The pending will "fall off" within the next few weeks even if the vendor does nothing.

And I get your rant on such things.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
A personal prejudice, but I won't deal with anything with Assault or Tactical in the name if I have a choice.

Or with 'Optics' or 'Planet' in the name either. Razz

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I have always had good luck ordering from them. It does sound like they put you in a bad spot.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would be frustrated as well. I am adding it to my list. Just curious how many magazines did you order?

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Are you referring to an actual Credit Card, or VISA Debit Card?? Sounds like the latter to me. If so, this is one of many reasons NOT to have one of those. While Pending Charges/Temporary Authorizations would only affect the 'Available Credit' on a Credit Card, for a VISA Debit Card it would freeze availability of funds in your Bank Account, which could mean ALL Funds if the card is stolen/used fraudulently!

Regardless, my condolences on your headache....Hopefully it resolves quickly! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8786 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Are you referring to an actual Credit Card, or VISA Debit Card?? Sounds like the latter to me.
Actual credit card. Specifically, the Costco VISA issued by Citi bank.

I spent (wasted) quite a bit of time yesterday using the "chat" facility for Citi. Chatted with a rep who almost made sense, then she handed me off to Terrence, who was a total jerk, kept asking me to repeat things, kept making false assertions, terrible grammar & spelling, horrible attitude, refused to give me a mailing address for their customer NO-Service (I can find that on their website, but this just illustrates Terrence's "screw you" attitude).

I was trying to get them to do their act or get off the stage -- either post the charge to take it out of "pending" status, so that I could then dispute it (system will not allow a dispute to a pending charge) -- or just remove it all together since Tactical Assault has stated that the sale is canceled and the magazines will NOT be available in the future.

Nothing accomplished with Terrence. Worst case, if nothing else is done, the pending charges will fall off the account within 30 days unless status changes from "pending" to "posted."

Terrence kept blathering about the need for me to continue to make at least minimum payments to the account -- he never even bothered to look at the account or he would have seen the zero balance (other than the "pending" charge from Tactical Assault).

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
They just came up in a recent search for P250 sights.
Nope. And thanks for the heads up.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please let Costco know of your experience with the little fuckwad Terrence. They are an 800 lb gorilla and Terrance will get to know fear as Costco takes their customers seriously.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
Please let Costco know of your experience with the little fuckwad Terrence. They are an 800 lb gorilla and Terrance will get to know fear as Costco takes their customers seriously.
"fuckwad Terrence" -- it sounds like you know him, too.

Fuckwad, oops, I mean Terrence, is not a Costco employee. He responds to CitiBank "chat." I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that he is not a CitiBank employee, either. I bet that the customer NO-service call center is outsourced to the low bidder in some third world shit hole. "Terrence" is probably Peggy, using a nom de plume.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
quote:
A personal prejudice, but I won't deal with anything with Assault or Tactical in the name if I have a choice.

Or with 'Optics' or 'Planet' in the name either. Razz

Fact. Just had a very similar "in stock"; "will ship in" situation for almost 45 days. Ha. They not only didn't have the grips I purchased, they didn't have a clue when THEY were going to get them. Ha. Yawn. Canceled order. And Phred provided a super, A+, experience in the solution.

Posts: 107 | Registered: May 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
"fuckwad Terrence" -- it sounds like you know him, too.

Fuckwad, oops, I mean Terrence, is not a Costco employee. He responds to CitiBank "chat." I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that he is not a CitiBank employee, either. I bet that the customer NO-service call center is outsourced to the low bidder in some third world shit hole. "Terrence" is probably Peggy, using a nom de plume.

Our a teenage hacker who cracked into the chat app. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post