SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    stupid drivers in clayton county Georgia this morning
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

stupid drivers in clayton county Georgia this morning Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
And people laughed at Mars' snow chains, those fools!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I got out at 5 this morning chained up and drove 35 miles into work with no problem while other cars slid off the roads. I was one of three people in this morning. Two had jeeps and my little Frontier pickup with Panzer treads.

Didn't need them coming home as the wind had blown the snow and ice away, but going in, I made it over these hills without nary a care.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/go5suRTcet8

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
And people laughed at Mars' snow chains, those fools!

It's a bitch, ain't it? Big Grin

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I tried to drive up Burnt Mountain yesterday morning, it was a sheet of ice.
No one understands that all week we have temps in the 40s and 50s then the next day it's 25 and "snowing" on top of warm roads.
So we get ice on top of slush that becomes more ice.
I made it over both mountains(Burnt and Doll) this morning and there were a few long stretched of ice with gravel spread on them.
There were idiots cars still embedded in ditched or in the woods.
Glad I didn't try my alternate route.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are people ice skating on the Chattahoochee in Helen?

Razz

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
It's 14 here this morning.
Was 14 or so yesterday, the creek behind my house id almost froze solid!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
We get an actual freeze in our area maybe once every few years.

It was 31 this morning.

Fortunately, everyone in the neighborhood brought their brass monkeys inside last night.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30668 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love Helen. Even though commercialized, it is still a quaint little town. Nice folks there. Christmas all year round.

A relative of my FIL lived in the outskirts and she loved it.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Growing up in NJ we'd go cruising around in the snow- it was a blast. The only time I didn't go to work was when I backed out of the driveway and the car lifted off the ground because the snow was so deep. I had to jump on the bumper to get the wheels back on the ground so I could get back in the driveway.

Out here in the Seattle area- I won't go anywhere if it's snowing.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Man, half those same idiots stayed home today. I had to go in at 5, got to work by like 710, and made it just fine. Maybe some trouble on the incline at the courthouse, but was fine otherwise. I got a Ford escape.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post