SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    stupid drivers in clayton county Georgia this morning
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

stupid drivers in clayton county Georgia this morning Login/Join 
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted
Went for coffee about five a m.
We have 2 inches of snow with little ice under it.Not a big deal,but damn.People are retarded,spinning out,stopping on hills,sliding around in wrong lanes.
I got my coffee and went home ,some of the same cars were still there,slipping and sliding.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good day to stay home.

Posts: 10828 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
I'm scheduled for knee surgery this morning. I got the call at 5:30 to hold off until 9am.

What are the chances I'll get it done today ? I'd say zero. Sorely in need of a coffee here in the Atlanta area, or at least a drink of water.

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I suspect Clayton is plagued by the same issues I've seen after moving here (not even including the idiot factor of drivers) - shitty equipment.

I have never seen so many cars just go flying off the road in the least amount of wet conditions, let alone a dusting of snow. While driver error is certainly at play, from the behavior of some of the cars I've seen I'm guessing they are all driving on bald MayPops in cars made before ABS or TC was mainstream or it's part of the Christmas display of failure lights on their dash, offset by the cracked and broken windshields on fully 25% of the cars here.

Recognizing that, there is zero chance I'd be out just for coffee amongst them.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12351 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
On a day like this? Shit, man, buy a coffee maker. Wink

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Hi Para,I have one and when company come they use it.
I make myself get out every day ,got to keep old bones moving

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
In all seriousness, I figured that was the reason. Wink

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
45 cal, at least your still kicking, even if you can't kick so high without your coffee. Glad to see your doing well.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:

I do that in the winter time and go to WalMart and walk every isle looking for bargains.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
No snow here, but a bit of ice on bridges/overpasses.
Left for work about 8AM, temps around 18*. Surprisingly, for this out of the ordinary weather, people were driving pretty smartly.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have 2 inches of snow with little ice under it.Not a big deal,but damn.People are retarded,spinning out,stopping on hills,sliding around in wrong lanes.
I got my coffee and went home ,some of the same cars were still there,slipping and sliding.

Stupid is thriving here in DeKalb too - saw the same when I went for my coffee this morning too. The fact that they didn't treat roads around me isn't helping the stupidity...

Stay warm sir!

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
quote:

I do that in the winter time and go to WalMart and walk every isle looking for bargains.

I refer to that as "looking for something I can't live without."

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I'd like to say what a bunch of idiots, but I had to be winched out of a ditch this morning. It's a long story, the kind I don't want to tell.

Posts: 27838 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RaiseHal:
45 cal, at least your still kicking, even if you can't kick so high without your coffee. Glad to see your doing well.

Thanks,still think of your collection.

Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
quote:

I refer to that as "looking for something I can't live without."

O I also went to wal mart.
Damn store was packed,three cashiers open,me I got lucky and got behind a woman that had three different big orders [peach card three times].
I really wanted those bananas bad or would have [should have] walked out.
That what I get for getting in the short line Frown

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm not there, so I won't judge, but I will say this: Watching the nightly entertainment on TV I'm astonished by how some of these people are driving on some of these roads. I can only assume complete inexperience with snow- or ice-covered roads leading to a total lack of appreciation for just how slick they can be.

I suppose it's wisdom born of experience, but, the first few snowfalls of the season I experiment with traction (starting, stopping, turning, stopping while turning, accelerating while turning) to re-familiarize myself with the vehicle's behaviour.

I do accel/decel tests whenever there's new snow or ice, to test the surface.

Even then I once nearly got caught by unexpected black ice you couldn't even see. (Literally. After I stopped I rolled down the window and looked.) If I hadn't been driving cautiously, because of recent conditions, I might not be here to talk about it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
I love the idiot in the new Jeep that goes flying by you at near the speed limit. A couple mile down the road that fucker is in the ditch and can't get out.

Toot Toot, as I drive on by.

Posts: 1552 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigWhup:
I love the idiot in the new Jeep that goes flying by you at near the speed limit. A couple mile down the road that fucker is in the ditch and can't get out.

Toot Toot, as I drive on by.

A Jeep salesman told them, because of ABS and traction control they can forget the law of physics.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I'm not there, so I won't judge, but I will say this: Watching the nightly entertainment on TV I'm astonished by how some of these people are driving on some of these roads. I can only assume complete inexperience with snow- or ice-covered roads leading to a total lack of appreciation for just how slick they can be.

I suppose it's wisdom born of experience, but, the first few snowfalls of the season I experiment with traction (starting, stopping, turning, stopping while turning, accelerating while turning) to re-familiarize myself with the vehicle's behaviour.

I do accel/decel tests whenever there's new snow or ice, to test the surface.

Even then I once nearly got caught by unexpected black ice you couldn't even see. (Literally. After I stopped I rolled down the window and looked.) If I hadn't been driving cautiously, because of recent conditions, I might not be here to talk about it.

These conditions are abnormal for Houston, but I was doing the same as you on my way out of the neighborhood & on the first few streets before getting on the freeway.
Luckily, the roads were mostly dry, aside from slick spots on the bridges/overpasses.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
The idiots I was driving next to yesterday made it to Georgia?? Eek
They were fools here and it was 70deg and sunny!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post