SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Why does it happen in 3's?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why does it happen in 3's? Login/Join 
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted
A week ago Friday, I learned a friend was put in hospice. He passed away last week, he gets buried tomorrow.

A kid on my soccer team lost his dad to a plane crash a few days ago, he gets buried tomorrow.

A friend of my wife's passed away, she gets buried tomorrow.

Just kind of ironic it all happened around Easter.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's terrible. My condolences to all concerned.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3757 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear about your friends.

I'm a vet, and trust me, we see it routinely. If we get 2 euthanasias one morning, we are all holding our breath for the rest of the day. Weird.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear. Unfortunately this is the same in my family as well.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
We had 3 guys at work, all under 50 die in the last 6 weeks. It's creeping my me out like you can't imagine.

Posts: 13732 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I think we just mentally clump the events into threes.

I have the same perception about famous people dying. But I suppose I don't keep track of the exceptions to the rule.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19575 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I think ReyHRH is right. Three things is an amount we can grasp instinctively and at a less than intellectual level. So we see things in threes and group them that way.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post