SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    9 p.m. , ordering double-extra hot beef green curry
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9 p.m. , ordering double-extra hot beef green curry Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
3:45 a.m.

Having regerts.

“If someone isn’t a républicain (referencing the French Revolution that deposed King Louis XVI) at age 20 one must doubt their generosity, but if after age 30 they still are, one must doubt their sanity.” --- Anselm Batbie

Posts: 9955 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Holy hell, I would be in the ER right now!
I hope it was good/ worth it.

Escape is not always the safest path.

Posts: 1266 | Location: central nj | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should have followed that meal up with a bowl of ice cream. That way you could be saying "come on Ice Cream" right about now.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 4181 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It7107ELQvY

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 14547 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

Having regerts.
The worst thing: having regerts!

A mind is a terrible thing.

Posts: 18984 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:

Having regerts.

Wail till it works it's way through your digestive tract. Then you will have REGRETS!!

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 7023 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Sounds yummy to me.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 14357 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Having regerts.
The worst thing: having regerts!

Nah. The worst would be regertitation.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17111 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
quote:

Having regerts.

Sir, you enjoyed it going in, so no regerts.

Posts: 6886 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
That sounds fantastic. Is it Chinese, Indian, thai or something else, and where can I find it.

"We may consent to be governed, but we will not be ruled." - Kevin D. Williamson, 2012

"All the citizens of this land are of right freemen; they owe no allegiance to any class and should recognize no task-masters. Under the chart of their liberties, under the law of high heaven, they are free and without shackles on their limbs nor mortgages upon the fruits of their brain or muscles; they bow down before no prince, potentate, or sovereign, nor kiss the royal robes of any crowned head; they render homage only to their God and should pay tribute only to their Government. Such at least is the spirit of our institutions, the character of our written national compact."

Charles Triplett O’Ferrall of Virginia - In Congress, May 1, 1888

Posts: 9447 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I love spicy curry.

Posts: 23006 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
That sounds fantastic. Is it Chinese, Indian, thai or something else, and where can I find it.

Green curry is Thai.

Posts: 23889 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thanks, PA. I've had Thai yellow curry and Thai red curry, but never the green.

"We may consent to be governed, but we will not be ruled." - Kevin D. Williamson, 2012

"All the citizens of this land are of right freemen; they owe no allegiance to any class and should recognize no task-masters. Under the chart of their liberties, under the law of high heaven, they are free and without shackles on their limbs nor mortgages upon the fruits of their brain or muscles; they bow down before no prince, potentate, or sovereign, nor kiss the royal robes of any crowned head; they render homage only to their God and should pay tribute only to their Government. Such at least is the spirit of our institutions, the character of our written national compact."

Charles Triplett O’Ferrall of Virginia - In Congress, May 1, 1888

Posts: 9447 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel ya. I learned in my 20s that Thai hot and my hot were too different hots. I love spicy but I've given up chasing crazy heat nowadays. Too many hiccups and burning anus sessions for this guy, lol.

Posts: 4877 | Location: CO | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
I love spicy curry.

We like Wild Ginger in Littleton. Pretty decent place that's been around a while. I hear good things about US Thai but haven't been.

Posts: 4877 | Location: CO | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Man ! The Thai place we go to - you order a three (out of 5) and sweat like a pig. Can't imagine what the 5 tastes like, much less the "double extra hot"

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3042 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Thanks, PA. I've had Thai yellow curry and Thai red curry, but never the green.

IMO, out of the three, the green is by far the best.

Posts: 23889 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." Winston Churchill

Posts: 12558 | Location: FL | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Ouch.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can do it your own way, if it's done just how I say."

Posts: 7401 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I've never gotten the appeal myself.

I do like the flavor of hot but I've never cared for the heat. IMO, it masks the flavor.

Cayenne is as far as I go.

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy." Winston Churchill

Posts: 15257 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post