SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amber alerts to my cell phone
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amber alerts to my cell phone Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ridiculous shit that makes idiots feel like they're "doing something".

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
How to turn off/disable alerts on a Samsung Galaxy S7 running Android 8.0 (Oreo):

Open “Messages”.

Tap the three vertical dots in the upper righthand corner to open a popup menu.

Tap “Settings”.

Tap “Emergency alert settings”. Note: from here you can turn on/off the alert sound and vibrate, and change the alert reminder.

Tap “Emergency alerts” at the top. From here you can turn on or off the following:
-- “Extreme alerts”
-- “Severe alerts”
-- “Amber alerts”

Posts: 9032 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Turned 'em off long ago. They're abused, so now they're essentially worthless.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
We got flash flood warnings the other day via the phone. It's funny when 8 or 10 people's personal and work phone all go off within a few seconds of each other.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
After my cell phone went off at 2:30 AM and woke me out of a sound sleep, then my TV interrupted, for a guy from Memphis (450 miles away) running off with his own baby, I no longer feel guilty.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post