SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Subway - Have they lost their minds?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Subway - Have they lost their minds? Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Cousin's Subs, but few here will have one close.

Posts: 10899 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by texassierra:
I prefer Jersey Mike's, Firehouse, or Jimmy Johns...in that order.

I'll rock it to Subway just about any time... particularly when I recognize that the next nearest options are Taco Bell and Sonic.

- We have a Jimmy John's in town. They're quick and good, but there's a LOT of bread there, compared with the meat/veggies on board.
- Firehouse is in the next town over. It's a really good sammich, but a good bit more expensive (and I can't get there and back on lunch break).
- Jersey Mikes? Eesh, I fail to see the fascination, and the last time I was there the simple sammich/chips/drink combo ended up costing me over $13. Eek

God bless America.

Posts: 13482 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Jimmy Johns better, just get one of the double meat subs.

Penn Station is good for hot subs.

Remember that Subway is very popular with people from India - since they can always get a vegetarian sub. It's the "go to" place whenever they don't know where else to go. The office building my company has in Pune, India has a Subway downstairs and around the corner...

Posts: 4700 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Our local Subways have meatball subs for $4.99, and if you go to the one inside WalMart the footlong will run you $3.99. That's about the only sub I can tolerate from Subway. I much prefer the Firehouse across town, but that's part of the reason I rarely eat there.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Ate subway for the other day but before that, it has been many months since I set foot in one.

Their subs are just plain. Nothing special about them. I needed something the other day that was quick and easy. Subway or McDonald's. Subway won. Not for being great but being better than the other option.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16387 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post