SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Subway - Have they lost their minds?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Subway - Have they lost their minds? Login/Join 
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
subway is good when you are hungry, in a hurry , and they are the only thing available,

meaning I eat there about 3 times a year,

WaWa does a much better sub, and not that much more $$

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought a tuna Foot long at Subway and it was $7.19. If I'm home, subway is my very last choice, but traveling it's ok, because it's totally consistent and I know I can get a whole wheat sub roll there, etc. etc. Plus it's kinda hard to screw up tuna. Home I get a different meat. I don't see the prices any higher at the Subways here in South Florida than before aside from maybe $0.30

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
I swore off Subway a few years back because of thier poor quality meat. I prefer Jersey Mike's, Firehouse, or Jimmy Johns...in that order.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1905 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I like toasted bread on my subs, so Quizno's & Firehouse are my favs, followed by Jimmy Johns.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by l33571:
Subway sucks and the only think worse is Blimpie. Publix is better followed by Jimmy Johns.

I'd rather just get a hamburger or BBQ pork sandwich at a local joint.

Jimmy Johns is the bomb!!!

Posts: 4576 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Subway is the bottom of the sub food chain.

I haven't eaten at one in years since a coworker took me to Firehouse. Way way better sandwich at pretty much the same price.

Jersey Mikes, Penn Station, Firehouse, all way better

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The $5 footlong is dead, and the franchisees hated it when Subway tried to bring it back.

Posts: 33748 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Subway gives me heartburn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was shocked that what was always an under $5.00 order was now almost $8.00. After looking at the menu I saw that they jacked up all their prices significantly.Now, I dont mind paying a few extra bucks for a decent sub but Subway aint it.

Went to Mikes Subs recently and a large was FIFTEEN bucks! Frown
(Yes I paid the price too). Eek

Posts: 22888 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
subway is good when you are hungry, in a hurry , and they are the only thing available,

meaning I eat there about 3 times a year,

Same here.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Subway built a new store close to us, it's ok in a pinch, everything is clean and fresh.

I'd rather go to JJ's or Firehouse, we have several options around us including Publix, some of the better sammich's come from WaWa...

Posts: 23366 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally tried the Jimmy Johns that opened in our local town. It will be the last time we go there. The bread was hard. It reminded us of when we worked for a large corporation and would have day long training sessions with lunch provided. Subs with hard bread in a styrofoam container with a bag of chips

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Used to like Tubbys when I lived in Michigan

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Subway is no good. I'd much rather have a sub from Publix or Jimmy Johns but Subway is quicker and they are more common.

I think if you taper your expectations, you won't be too disappointed. Big Grin

Posts: 13085 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
$$

"In a hurry?" you have to stand there and tell them how to make it. I do the drive through at Jimmy Johns near me about every two weeks.. you place your order and then pull up to the window and by the time the person has given you your change the next thing they do is hand you your sandwich.... No questions.. just make the damn thing. Its a sub sandwich..

Speakking of Jimmy Johns... saw an article a while back titled "the worst Jimmy Johns sandwich" I wondered which one that was because I only order one... the Italian sub... guess what? in this article that was the worse one... seems it had nothing to do with taste but how unhealthy it was. What the $#*&? Who goes to a sub sandwich shop for healthy food?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
quote:
$$

"In a hurry?" you have to stand there and tell them how to make it. I do the drive through at Jimmy Johns near me about every two weeks.. you place your order and then pull up to the window and by the time the person has given you your change the next thing they do is hand you your sandwich.... No questions.. just make the damn thing. Its a sub sandwich..

Speakking of Jimmy Johns... saw an article a while back titled "the worst Jimmy Johns sandwich" I wondered which one that was because I only order one... the Italian sub... guess what? in this article that was the worse one... seems it had nothing to do with taste but how unhealthy it was. What the $#*&? Who goes to a sub sandwich shop for healthy food?

I have used the Subway in a local hospital (that or a vending machine) which was quick (not regular lunch or dinner times) and a couple in walmarts, (RVA, southside, and Chantilly)

all were quick,

in line less than a few minutes, and out the door with drink filled in less than 5,

quick and easy mediocre sandwich, when I needed one,

there are Jimmy Johns in my area, but none on any of my travel areas,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

I was going to suggest Jersey Mikes subs, because life is way too short to eat at SubWay .

but after checking the Peoria map for Jersey Mike's I will skip that Big Grin https://www.jerseymikes.com/locations

Jersey Mike's does not want anything at all to do with Peoria, AZ.

So then Capriotti's Sandwich shop came to mind
but they are staying the hell away from Peoria , as well Eek https://www.capriottis.com/

you won't be going to Subway after eating at either of these places

Put it this way there is a subway 1/2 mile from my house, here in tiny town.

and we drive 12 miles to go to either of the above ,instead of subway.

once a month treat yourself to a great sandwich at The Miracle Mile, http://miraclemiledeli.com/

you gotta go all the way to Glendale Wink
but there is a Fire House Sub there
https://www.firehousesubs.com/find-a-firehouse/

I've heard very good stuff about them folks.

do you like quizno's ? http://www.quiznos.com/home.aspx

I used to eat there twice a month.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/2600081044/p/1

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54595 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Used to like Tubbys when I lived in Michigan

Like Tubby's, too Smile

They are a good choice.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
They charged you for the foot long.

Using their site for a store in AZ near your location....

Italian B.M.T.®
This all-time Italian classic is filled with Genoa salami, spicy pepperoni, and Black Forest Ham. Get it made the way you say with your favorite veggies on freshly baked bread.

6-Inch Italian B.M.T.® -
$4.79 as built

FOOTLONG -
$7.49 as built

https://order.subway.com/Cart/....aspx?ID=30006&gID=3

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post