SIGforum
Subway - Have they lost their minds?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/7010008744

October 04, 2018, 04:39 PM
trapper189
Subway - Have they lost their minds?
Cousin's Subs, but few here will have one close.
October 04, 2018, 10:08 PM
vthoky
quote:
Originally posted by texassierra:
I prefer Jersey Mike's, Firehouse, or Jimmy Johns...in that order.

I'll rock it to Subway just about any time... particularly when I recognize that the next nearest options are Taco Bell and Sonic.

- We have a Jimmy John's in town. They're quick and good, but there's a LOT of bread there, compared with the meat/veggies on board.
- Firehouse is in the next town over. It's a really good sammich, but a good bit more expensive (and I can't get there and back on lunch break).
- Jersey Mikes? Eesh, I fail to see the fascination, and the last time I was there the simple sammich/chips/drink combo ended up costing me over $13. Eek

God bless America.
October 16, 2018, 09:14 AM
Lefty Sig
I like Jimmy Johns better, just get one of the double meat subs.

Penn Station is good for hot subs.

Remember that Subway is very popular with people from India - since they can always get a vegetarian sub. It's the "go to" place whenever they don't know where else to go. The office building my company has in Pune, India has a Subway downstairs and around the corner...
October 16, 2018, 11:17 AM
Todd Huffman
Our local Subways have meatball subs for $4.99, and if you go to the one inside WalMart the footlong will run you $3.99. That's about the only sub I can tolerate from Subway. I much prefer the Firehouse across town, but that's part of the reason I rarely eat there.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.
October 16, 2018, 10:22 PM
comet24
Ate subway for the other day but before that, it has been many months since I set foot in one.

Their subs are just plain. Nothing special about them. I needed something the other day that was quick and easy. Subway or McDonald's. Subway won. Not for being great but being better than the other option.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac