SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I think hanging up on someone is one of the rudest things one can do.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I think hanging up on someone is one of the rudest things one can do. Login/Join 
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Someone hung up on me recently.
I answered the phone and it was a pre-recorded spiel about knee and back braces. After the recording, a real live dude came on the line and set me up nicely.
He said "may I ask where your pain is"?
I said "its in my ass, since you idiots keep calling me five or six times every day"!
He hung up. I never did get to hear about the braces.
A land line phone once was a great convenience. Now its an instrument of insanity.

Big Grin

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
a pre-recorded spiel about knee and back braces.

Nice one, Yoop! I've been getting that call recently, too, and I'm going to have to remember your response for the next one.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
quote:
Originally posted by clubleaf206:
People no longer know the satisfaction of slamming down the handset of their phone in anger to end a phone call. Pushing the END button simply isn’t anywhere near as gratifying.

https://youtu.be/caDNtCG1WsE?t=19s

Humph. Well, never watched Seinfeld, had no idea.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Amy calls me, I'm not sure what she's selling, but whenever I ask what she's wearing, is she wearing underwear, what color is it, she hangs up on me.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
no different then turning and walking away. imo

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
no different than turning and walking away. imo

Well, in its very simplest sense, that was my intent. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
I dislike talking on the phone in the first place. Idiots who call with unsolicited advice, shit for sale, surveys, etc can expect their phone call to last about 2 seconds.

My hearing aids do not help me much while talking on the phone, so there is that aspect as well.

What the hell ever happened to that "do not call" program/list?

And for serious calls, do not start off with some pre-recorded BS!

I had the same problem with my hearing aids until I discovered my landline has a speakerphone button. Big difference!

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
You know, I pay a landline phone bill each month as a convenience to me. Its in my house, my home and not provided for the benefit of outsiders. Anyone who "breaks" into my home to try to sell me something isn't entitled to courtesy. Even worse are those who have connected their phone to a computer to make it easier for them to intrude really don't deserve any of my time. So I offer them none. I don't know anyone in the vast majority of places they seem to either live or place the caller ID through spoofing. Those are dishonest at best. My time is too short for that nonsense.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Can't think of the last time I've done this in a few decades. Until last week.

For the second night in a row started getting texts and pics from a sister at 1, 2, 3 in the morning. After five or so hit all at the same time at 0239 I called her and explained that when you hit send, that shit comes out on the other end somewhere else. For folks who can turn off or silence phone not problem. For folks who are on perpetual call for critical issues that is just impossible to ignore. Just. Don't. DO. IT! Then hung up to go back to bed and steam.

Haven't heard from her since, and don't expect to for weeks, possibly months. Not sure how she's going to tell others what an asshole I am in a story that starts with "After I was texting him at 2:30 in the morning......"

Mad

On most smart phones you can activate a "do not disturb” feature for selected numbers. My ex wife will forever be in this category.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: badcopnodonut!!,

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's rare that I have to hang up on someone but it's also rare that I'm talking on the phone. In the event I have to hang up on someone I warn them first to stop doing whatever it is that's annoying me and after the second warning I hang up. Last person I had to hang up on was a telemarketer that wouldn't take no for an answer, so I hung up on her.

Posts: 1618 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think hanging up on someone is one of the rudest things one can do.

I don't know....under the proper motivation, I've done things that made a hang up look like a kiss on the cheek Smile

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calugo:
It's rare that I have to hang up on someone but it's also rare that I'm talking on the phone. In the event I have to hang up on someone I warn them first to stop doing whatever it is that's annoying me and after the second warning I hang up.

I’ve done this. If you’re doing something dumb I will warn you you’re dping something dumb and if you continue then the red disconnect button exists for a reason.. I’ve also just sat my phone down while someone is ranting and continue my day... after they get done and realize I’m not there then they hang up. Obviously they wanted to vent about something and me hanging up on them gives them a notification they’ve been hung up on, but just sitting the phone down allows them to continue with whatever madness they were whining about

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I've apologized for it by text... still no response.

You already lost.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I disagree, with all the robo calls that I get I leave my answering machine to screen all my calls, unless I am expecting a call from a unknown number then I answer it myself and if it isn’t someone I know I hang up. Or if some hard nosed salesman tries a pressure sale, click. I also live in a college town so at the beginning of a new term we get a ton of wrong numbers.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Where is it written that I must be "polite" to an interluder I've never met or spoken to? Must I give them the benefit of any doubt because it might be Hillary Clinton? Gawd help us.

I see the world cleaved in two parts. And I don't want to talk to anyone in the other half.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:

You already lost.

Possibly true. But now, nearly a week later, I'm okay with it. Wink

God bless America.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:
You already lost.
Possibly true. But now, nearly a week later, I'm okay with it. Wink
You might even have come out ahead, who knows?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
You might even have come out ahead, who knows?

Yessir, I believe so. The conversation had reached its "point of no further good" well before I hung up.

God bless America.

posted Hide Post
I don’t think hanging up on someone is the rudest thing to do to. I think the lady that tried spitting in my face twice while arresting her last night ranks right up there with one of the rudest things you can do to somebody.

Posts: 4024 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I got hung up on today. The phone call went: Sir, can you tell me the last time your heat vents were cleaned. My reply was when was the last time you changed the oil in your car? Click.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post