SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Phone call from someone in my town to warn me
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Phone call from someone in my town to warn me Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted
That he got a credit card fraud call from India listing my name and phone number. The fellow told me he asked the guy with the Indian accent how to spell my last name and the scammer hung up. He just wanted to let me know that my name and phone number were being used. I don't think there is anything I can do on my part to stop them.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Did you know this person from "your Town" or are you basing that on the caller ID info or that the caller said he was from your town?

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
While he is not a friend, I know him from town. Our kids went to the same school.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Scammer just spoofed your #. Happens a lot. They are using local numbers to make people think it's a legit call.

No worries.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post