SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Every damn storm is now an event
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Every damn storm is now an event Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
Ok ok ok ok.... its a thunderstorm. I don't need all the shows interrupted and Thunder Tracker 4000 GR X-Treme Warning Center..

Its rain. It happens. Shut the fuck up and leave us alone.

This is why nobody believes you when you start warning about actual dangerous weather.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"30 million people in the path of this dangerous storm " .... Blah blah blah ....

Posts: 260 | Registered: March 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
And every traceable amount of rain in San Diego is the Storm of the Century. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Well now, this one was serious. There were like, 8 or 9 hailstones that fell.

Posts: 3653 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every storm IS a deadly event due to “climate change”

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
And cancel schools if there's over a couple inches of snow, wtf?

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
And cancel schools if there's over a couple inches of snow, wtf?

Haha, our schools down here only need the threat of snow to close. If there is a possibility of snow in the forecast, they shut their doors tight.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
This is why I refer to it all as "Entertainment media billed as ``news``" (EMBAN). "News," weather, sports (I imagine--I don't follow), all of it: It's all about snagging eyeballs for advertisers. So everything is dramatized and blown way out of proportion. There's very little informative content in it, any more.

My wife loves to catch the weather on TV. I tend to ignore it. I can get the forecast whenever I want from the weather app on my phone and tablet. It even sends a synopsis of the forecast to my watch every morning.

It's ironic: In trying to remain relevant in this digital age, they're degrading their product, thus making themselves less relevant

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I heard the weather industry is on track to start naming individual clouds ofter people.

You can pay to have one named after someone and it will be registered in the U.S. Copyright Office...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I think they should have an App that lets kids name clouds, and post it up like Facebook.

I can see it now...

"Cow", "Mickey Mouse", "Giant Sky Penis"... the possibilities are endless!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
'Storm of the Century'. Hell, they have more centuries than Buick.

When a storm is teased before the commercial break, it became a superstorm!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Hey, everyone listen, the sky is FALLING!

(Damn, it didn't fall)

Oh wait, the sky is falling on this one! No, seriously, the sky is gonna fall!

(Damn, it didn't fall again)

Fear-mongering for idiots and an attempt to boost ratings, that's all it is.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8320 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 226Reasons
posted Hide Post
But, but, muh climate change!

Posts: 1327 | Location: TN | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I heard the weather industry is on track to start naming individual clouds ofter people.

You can pay to have one named after someone and it will be registered in the U.S. Copyright Office...

Beat me to it, though I was going to suggest naming every thunderstorm not every cloud. You win at sarcasm today.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Wonder when the douchenozzles will start naming thunderstorms? Not much of a leap since they named winter storms that drop a whole 2" of snow, and cover them like a damn Cat 5 hurricane.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love it when a hurricane heads out to sea away from the coast. You can hear the disappointment in their voices.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

so,

would that be 'Cloud Monkey' ?

or 'Monkey Cloud'?

inquiring minds

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
I think they should have an App that lets kids name clouds, and post it up like Facebook.

I can see it now...

"Cow", "Mickey Mouse", "Giant Sky Penis"... the possibilities are endless!

when the wind turns Giant Sky Penis into Giant Sky Ladybits,

would that be a transcloud?

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Yea, but my event has triggered a new roof in the next week..................

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post