SIGforum
Every damn storm is now an event

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/6970082854

June 26, 2019, 11:12 PM
Lord Vaalic
Every damn storm is now an event
Ok ok ok ok.... its a thunderstorm. I don't need all the shows interrupted and Thunder Tracker 4000 GR X-Treme Warning Center..

Its rain. It happens. Shut the fuck up and leave us alone.

This is why nobody believes you when you start warning about actual dangerous weather.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
June 26, 2019, 11:16 PM
JimmyRayBob
"30 million people in the path of this dangerous storm " .... Blah blah blah ....
June 26, 2019, 11:57 PM
LS1 GTO
And every traceable amount of rain in San Diego is the Storm of the Century. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

June 27, 2019, 01:09 AM
bobtheelf
Well now, this one was serious. There were like, 8 or 9 hailstones that fell.
June 27, 2019, 05:50 AM
MNSIG
Every storm IS a deadly event due to “climate change”
June 27, 2019, 07:19 AM
Krazeehorse
And cancel schools if there's over a couple inches of snow, wtf?

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.
June 27, 2019, 07:59 AM
Perception
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
And cancel schools if there's over a couple inches of snow, wtf?

Haha, our schools down here only need the threat of snow to close. If there is a possibility of snow in the forecast, they shut their doors tight.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."
June 27, 2019, 09:12 AM
ensigmatic
This is why I refer to it all as "Entertainment media billed as ``news``" (EMBAN). "News," weather, sports (I imagine--I don't follow), all of it: It's all about snagging eyeballs for advertisers. So everything is dramatized and blown way out of proportion. There's very little informative content in it, any more.

My wife loves to catch the weather on TV. I tend to ignore it. I can get the forecast whenever I want from the weather app on my phone and tablet. It even sends a synopsis of the forecast to my watch every morning.

It's ironic: In trying to remain relevant in this digital age, they're degrading their product, thus making themselves less relevant

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
June 27, 2019, 09:55 AM
sigmonkey
I heard the weather industry is on track to start naming individual clouds ofter people.

You can pay to have one named after someone and it will be registered in the U.S. Copyright Office...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
June 27, 2019, 10:43 AM
ArtieS
I think they should have an App that lets kids name clouds, and post it up like Facebook.

I can see it now...

"Cow", "Mickey Mouse", "Giant Sky Penis"... the possibilities are endless!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
June 27, 2019, 03:50 PM
.38supersig
'Storm of the Century'. Hell, they have more centuries than Buick.

When a storm is teased before the commercial break, it became a superstorm!

June 28, 2019, 01:56 AM
CPD SIG
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Hey, everyone listen, the sky is FALLING!

(Damn, it didn't fall)

Oh wait, the sky is falling on this one! No, seriously, the sky is gonna fall!

(Damn, it didn't fall again)

Fear-mongering for idiots and an attempt to boost ratings, that's all it is.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy
June 28, 2019, 10:22 AM
226Reasons
But, but, muh climate change!
June 29, 2019, 06:35 AM
asonie
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I heard the weather industry is on track to start naming individual clouds ofter people.

You can pay to have one named after someone and it will be registered in the U.S. Copyright Office...

Beat me to it, though I was going to suggest naming every thunderstorm not every cloud. You win at sarcasm today.
June 29, 2019, 12:52 PM
tatortodd
Wonder when the douchenozzles will start naming thunderstorms? Not much of a leap since they named winter storms that drop a whole 2" of snow, and cover them like a damn Cat 5 hurricane.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
June 29, 2019, 07:23 PM
NK402
I love it when a hurricane heads out to sea away from the coast. You can hear the disappointment in their voices.
June 29, 2019, 07:32 PM
lyman
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

so,

would that be 'Cloud Monkey' ?

or 'Monkey Cloud'?

inquiring minds

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

June 29, 2019, 07:33 PM
lyman
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
I think they should have an App that lets kids name clouds, and post it up like Facebook.

I can see it now...

"Cow", "Mickey Mouse", "Giant Sky Penis"... the possibilities are endless!

when the wind turns Giant Sky Penis into Giant Sky Ladybits,

would that be a transcloud?

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

June 30, 2019, 05:42 AM
sybo
Yea, but my event has triggered a new roof in the next week..................