SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Bass Pro is dead to me!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bass Pro is dead to me! Login/Join 
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted
At least here in California, probably everywhere.

Over the last two Christmas's I have received two gift cards for $25 each. Today I was running errands with my daughter and said hey let's go to BPS. We walk around, check out the fish and other junk and head upstairs to grab a couple of boxes of .380 ammo for my SIG.

I haven't been in BPS for at least a year and a half, so all of the ammo is behind locked glass doors. Ok, no problem let me find an aisle monkey. None to be found, so I asked a guy that was getting ready to leave. He said I have to pick a number and then I can be helped. I grabbed number 42, the number on the readout was 33. Wait five minutes and one of the counter jockeys called out 34. While watching the other counter jockeys work, only one was using the damned numbers. The other's kept just grabbing anyone that approached them.

After about 25 minutes I said, "Fuck this, Bass Pro is dead to me now." We went to the customer assistance counter, I wanted to cash in the cards and get the hell out. "Sorry Sir, we only cash cards with a maximum of $10." Poor girl got a piece of my mind about their pathetic ammo policy and the crappy utilization of their counter jockeys. Told her that they lost a customer, I will never step foot in there again.

On the way out with the two gift cards in my hand, angry and frustrated, I saw a young family struggling to buy some toys for their young child. I put the cards on the counter and told them to use these, that there should be $50 between them. They were surprised and thanked me. I was probably a little short with a 'you're welcome', and we left.

At least a little good came from this. Hopefully, that family bought a box of Girl Scout cookies that were being sold outside.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
I haven't been in BPS for at least a year and a half, so all of the ammo is behind locked glass doors. Ok, no problem let me find an aisle monkey. None to be found ...

Oh, like Wal-Mart. But without the low prices. Roll Eyes

I wondered for a second why BPS has ammo in locked cabinets, as the ones I have been in put it all out on open shelves. Then I noticed your location.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Ed Zachary!

We are out of here when I retire in as little as two years.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the BPS down here in Mesa/Tempe. The ammo is out where you can get it but they have the firearms counters cordened off like it was a crime scene and no one behind the counters to help!

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
While I agree that those are some shit policies, it would likely have been more proper and productive to aim your rant at a manager rather than some poor girl behind the counter.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17245 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Bass Pro just announced the closing of the Cabela’s Distribution Center in Sidney, Nebraska. A lot of good people will be put out of work that may have worked for Cabela’s for many years. I hate it. I’m not too fond of venture capitalists either.

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
While I agree that those are some shit policies, it would likely have been more proper and productive to aim your rant at a manager rather than some poor girl behind the counter.

management (GM or lower) has little or no say in how the corporation is run,

they can let the Area or Regional management know, who may or may not forward it up the chain,, but likely nothing will happen,

best bet is to shoot corporate an email, or call, be professional, and let them know

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
I would recommend a posting on their Facebook page...I virtually guarantee someone will want to connect with you.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Bass Pro here has ammo out. In fact everything but firearms is open to the public. But I wouldn't leave girearms unsecured either.

Always at least two behind the counter.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
They should be dead to you simply because their prices are fucking abysmal. Bass pro and cabelas could disappear for ever and it would actually make me smile.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Bass Pro just announced the closing of the Cabela’s Distribution Center in Sidney, Nebraska. A lot of good people will be put out of work that may have worked for Cabela’s for many years. I hate it. I’m not too fond of venture capitalists either.

That really sucks. Cabelas has been a huge part of that area forever. I was disgusted to hear that bass pro had purchased them, knowing they would eventually do this kind of stuff. Too bad. I guess Scheels will now be getting most of my business.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Bass Pro cancelled a concealed carry fashion show with less than a day notice here. All because someone threatened to protest. They are now on my boycott list.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I would never by a gun from a place that won't even let me touch it.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I found a Glock 20 at Cabela's great price gen 2 asked if they would remove the trigger lock so I could function test it and make sure no one had bubbafied it. nope so I walked No thanks!

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bass Pro has become too diversified to perform well. In the eighties, the original store was awesome. Now they're into hotels, golf development, fishing tournaments, multiple boat mfg acquisitions. As the brand increases, the core abilities suffer.

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody get their Bass Rewards welcome packet yet?

Mine came yesterday. In reading it, every time you get to 500 points they are going to send out the $10 certificate that you must used by a certain date. No more accumulating for something nice. Guess I am going to spend the rest of my Cabela's dollars and be done.

No bargain cave means no reason to drive to the store and look around.

Posts: 186 | Location: The Lovely State of Illinois | Registered: November 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shifferbrains:
At least here in California, probably everywhere.

Stopped reading after this...
Ammo at the local Bass Pro is out and readily available in Texas.
But the prices are too high.

Good luck on your move.
You're more than welcome to come here...

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I’m done with their shenanigans for good.........

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The last time I looked, Cabela's (Bristol, VA) had open ammo and, if not bargain, competitive pricing. But I haven't been there in a few months.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right after the takeover they opened a new Cabelas in Chesterfield Michigan. At taht time it actually was a Cabelas. Contrast that with this year and a Black Friday sale that ONLY featured some of Boss Pro's worst Redhead clothing items. Fact is it was the lamest Black Friday sale I have ever seen in my entire life. The first of the year Bass Pro really went to work on Cabelas. Now you can only purchase primers in 100 count trays. Powders are still available but prices are high and the selection is a bit limited. Every time I go to that store I find more reasons why it's not worth the effort of a 15 mile drive. Want shotgun ammo by the flat, forgetaboutit. Shelf space for shotgun ammo is 1/4 of what it was a year ago and buying by the box is a rip off.

BTW I shoot Skeet, Trap, Sporting Clays and 5 stand so I have a rather healthy appetite for shotgun target loads. Good news on that front is that Dicks (or Field and Stream) have had some really good sales on Remington Target loads. Over a two week period I purchased 8 flats at a price of 49.70 per flat. While I don't like Dicks policy on Sporting rifles at all I can't knock their sales on ammo.

IMO that new store in Chesterfield will likely be closed in about 3 years. Because Bass Pro is mismanaging Cabelas into oblivion and a lot of Real Shooters won't set foot into a Bass Pro because thay are sacks of excrement in regards to their policy of milking every dime possible from those new to shooting. Seriously what reloader is going to purchase primers by the 100. Now the good news in all this is that Bass Pro bought about 100 acres of land to build a development around that new Cabelas and fairly soon they be flushing many million dollars down the sewer. When that store closes I sincerely hope that the city of Chesterfield will insist on immediate destruction of that store shell and restoring every square foot of that acreage back to it's original condition.

To sum it up I hope that Bass Pro suffers a painful death and their CEO ends up either Homeless or in Prison.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post