SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    No more YouTube on Amazon devices come Jan. 1st
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No more YouTube on Amazon devices come Jan. 1st Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I’m glad I read this thread. I was thinking of switching my Roku to a fire tv. I am also waiting for YouTube tv to be available on my streaming device. It’s about $10 less per month than PlayStation Vue for the channels I want. I heard it will be on Roku by year end. I’m assuming it won’t be put on Fire.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Until the other day, there was no Amazon prime app for Apple TV, although it is free on iOS devices. And Amazon still does not sell Apple TV's...

This is what happens when content distributors are also equipment manufacturers and content creators.

And now you have Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant competing. I recently chose to buy an older product WITHOUT Google assistant integration instead of the new one. I do not use Android phones so I have no need for Google Assistant.

In the end, competition is good - look at all the changes in the last decade versus the couple decades of regular cable TV before, preceded by the several decades of network broadcast TV.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm entitled to this Title
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
Go to Amazon and do a search for Chromecast. A Fire Stick comes up as the first choice. No actual Chromecast. I think this is Google's fuck you to Amazon.
I just noticed this the other day... I had a need to cast to a display and decided to pick up a Chromecast 2... Searched on Amazon and came up with Fire Stick and generic casting devices.. -gotta love it!

Posts: 13991 | Location: WV | Registered: October 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post