SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Putting on 4 way flashers to text & drive
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Putting on 4 way flashers to text & drive Login/Join 
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
The flashing lights that bother me most are the intense yellow strobes they put on tow trucks.

Please tell me, once a vehicle is secured on a flatbed tow truck, nothing hanging over, etc.... why the hell do you need the damn blinding strobes on? At that point you're just another truck with a cargo.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Summer in Florida brings some heavy duty afternoon and evening rainstorms.

On my way home this evening, driving on the toll road, three lanes in each direction, posted speed limit 65 mph but everybody was doing a conservative 45 mph in very heavy rain.

Everybody except the imbecile in the Dodge (Charger? Challenger?) who was barreling along in the left lane at well over the posted 65 mph, with flashers on.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I put mine on if the rain is so heavy that I must slow WAAAY down below the posted speed limit (also means visibility is reduced to just in front of the car), or if some type of emergency is happening (having car trouble, OR racing to a hospital due to medical emergency). Other than that, I see no reason to use them, and MOST DEFINITELY not for texting!!! That is illegal in most states now, or at least local municipalities!!!

Posts: 4584 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
The flashing lights that bother me most are the intense yellow strobes they put on tow trucks.

Please tell me, once a vehicle is secured on a flatbed tow truck, nothing hanging over, etc.... why the hell do you need the damn blinding strobes on? At that point you're just another truck with a cargo.

Oh how I fully agree with this!!!

Posts: 4584 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post