SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Charities that send you money....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charities that send you money.... Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
Seriously... you open the envelope and there are nickels or a dime or something attached.

"With this 10 cents you could change a life!"

Really, so go change someone's life with it instead of mailing it to me. Why would I ever donate to a charity so wasteful and irresponsible with the money they are donated? I have no history of ever sending you money, so its not like I am a good bet to hit up for money or anything.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Found money.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I have to admit, it makes me bring the mail inside and open it.....to remove the coin before I throw it away.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guilt trip.

Me. I'd take the money, add what I could, and donate it to the local humane society.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Human Fund, money for people.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The money does not impress me. But I do appreciate the free return address labels.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Buy some ammo.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
I do everything electronically. I mailed 3 letters via USPS (and wrote 2 paper checks) last year. I have more than enough free return labels to last my lifetime.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I fucking hate the junk mail with coins or medalians in it! Rather than throwing the junk mail in the shredder box I have to open the letter, remove the coin and stick-um, lose valuable minutes, maybe even hours(!) over a lifetime, for unwanted chump change! GRRR!!!

Were it not for decades of practice of Buddhist samatha (tranquilty) meditation then I would be more fucking enraged than the Incredible fucking Hulk discovering that there is no fucking toilet paper after paying his fucking dime for the fucking pay toilet!

(Note, above image borrowed without permission from Mad fucking Magazine).

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received a penny with a heart stamped out in the middle. Where the hell do you pay to get a heart stamped into pocket change? How much does that cost.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post