SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Rattlesnakes!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rattlesnakes! Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just signed up for venomous snake training
I did not know that you could train them. Fetch? Roll over?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
I just signed up for venomous snake training on May 23. I tried a month ago, but the event was canceled due to the shutdown. I can't wait. I've only ever seen a Rattlesnake in the wild in Zion Nat. Park. All the others were in zoos.

Be aware that a large part of that training (for your dog, I assume), is based on smell, and to a lesser degree sight and sound. The training usually utilizes a Western Diamondback, which is the most prevalent. But you could also encounter a Mojave, where the training might not click nearly as well. And the mojave has a more deadly venom.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
It looks like a banner year for snakes around here in northern AZ. We currently have at least one huge Gopher Snake, one King Snake and a Black Rattle Snake all competing for the abundance of rodents behind my shop.

Yesterday we watched the King Snake devour a mouse while the snake hung precariously from a rock wall.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Just took a shovel to a baby rattler in my garage. I think I may have stepped over it on the way in. Eek

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17245 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post