SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Delivery Attempted - No Access to Delivery Location
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Delivery Attempted - No Access to Delivery Location Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted
Really?
I was HOME and RECEIVED packages FROM THE CARRIER herself.
I told her there should be 4 boxes not 3.

DAMN USPS are stupid.

This is bullshit.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But it makes their metrics look good. Not their fault

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The company that I work for has a national contract with UPS. They are a mere shell of the company that they were just a couple of years ago. Don’t expect much from UPS and you won’t be disappointed.

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfpacker:
The company that I work for has a national contract with UPS. They are a mere shell of the company that they were just a couple of years ago. Don’t expect much from UPS and you won’t be disappointed.

He's talking about the USPS (US Postal Service)

Not UPS (United Parcel Service)

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oops! My bad. Can I delete?

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfpacker:

Oops! My bad. Can I delete?
Yes, you can delete your post(s), but RogueJSK quoted your post, and that will remain.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
This is a fukkin LIE.
I have the Fleet Mail Truck on my security cam.

November 29, 2019, 4:36 pm
Delivery Attempted - No Access to Delivery Location
DAWSONVILLE, GA 30534
We attempted to deliver your package at 4:36 pm on November 29, 2019 in DAWSONVILLE, GA 30534 but could not access the delivery location. We will redeliver on the next business day.
November 29, 2019, 7:10 am
Out for Delivery
DAWSONVILLE, GA 30534

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Had the exact same issue last year. Three days straight. First we have locking gang boxes. Second, my front door is 50 feet from the road. Third, both my neighbors got the same message too.
Turned in a complaint. Got a notice that they were “investigating” then that it was being transferred to another post office. Then nothing.
Given, there hasn’t been a repetition.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
This is a fukkin LIE.
I have the Fleet Mail Truck on my security cam.

November 29, 2019, 4:36 pm
Delivery Attempted - No Access to Delivery Location
DAWSONVILLE, GA 30534
We attempted to deliver your package at 4:36 pm on November 29, 2019 in DAWSONVILLE, GA 30534 but could not access the delivery location. We will redeliver on the next business day.
November 29, 2019, 7:10 am
Out for Delivery
DAWSONVILLE, GA 30534

Go complain to your local Postmaster, exactly nothing will happen to the delivery driver, except you'll have wasted an hour of your time. Welcome to the USPS.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Its aliens.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
You guys need to be reminded of rule #37 in life:

DO NOT PISS OFF A POSTAL WORKER!

It will not end up good.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
We had this happen to us recently. My wife was waiting on a package from Amazon that was suppose to be delivered that day and we were even outside in the driveway when the mail carrier stopped at our mailbox. Thinking it was just delayed she checked the status and received that same message. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, here in the rural Hills, we are blessed with excellent mail service!
Only time something happens is when a substitute mail person occasionally puts someone else's letter in the wrong box. Either you leave it with the flag up, or if you are going by their box later you put it in their box.
Of course the system has been functioning with the same conditions since horse and buggy!
UPS is also very good, FedEx very good, though some subcontract deliveries can be off somewhat.
Today maybe no deliveries as SDDOT, sheriff office says stay home, no travel recommended! IH 90 closed from Wyo. line in the west to middle of the state, and maybe even further east dependant upon how the storm is doing.
Glad to be back in the west, and rural!!!
Hope we get no EMR calls today, but we shall see?

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Go complain to your local Postmaster, exactly nothing will happen to the delivery driver

the Postmaster has a boss, too.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:
Go complain to your local Postmaster, exactly nothing will happen to the delivery driver

the Postmaster has a boss, too.

Who also won’t care. If something is critical pay more and go to the store and buy it. I don’t buy anything online that I need in a hurry.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5562 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
I should also add that I love my postal carrier. He is by far the best of my UPS, FedEx and USPS folks. A friend of mine used to be my FedEx driver but he retired. Not all USPS folks are bad, some are absolutely outstanding. In fact the only delivery service that actually lost a package of mine that was unable to recover it was FedEx. I stick to my principle that anything important should be purchased locally.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5562 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Works to Farm
Picture of Kyjondeere
posted Hide Post
USPS sucks here too as does Amazon recently. I ordered a memory foam mattress from amazon and they shipped it USPS for stupid reason. I was needing it for a weekend camping trip and delivery was scheduled for Thursday so I thought no Problem. I was at work and USPS left a note saying they couldn’t deliver cause my mailbox was full. It’s a mattress for crying out loud it’s never going in a mailbox. After an hour on the phone with Amazon and USPS at the same time they both guaranteed delivery the next day. I reluctantly agreed. Guess what, no mattress. I got a voice message from the local post office saying it won’t fit in the carriers car but I could pick it up at the post office between 10 and 2 only. I got an amazon refund and ordered from Walmart. It was delivered the following day via FedEx. I still am getting door cards from USPS to pick up my mattress, it’s been a month Smile

Posts: 597 | Location: Western KY | Registered: November 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
USPS left a note saying they couldn’t deliver cause my mailbox was full. It’s a mattress for crying out loud it’s never going in a mailbox.

Completely different situation but, I do this sometimes. I have some people who don't pick up their mail, I mean ever. Weeks and weeks, months, one guy left shit in his box for a year. I pick it up, send it back. They never say a thing, I simply send anything they get back. Never hear a thing.
Then they get a package. I like to put the notice in the box, you know, the box they never get their mail out of. Hilarity ensues.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Cockatoo, this is my hypothetical guess as to what happened.

The 4th package wasn't given to the correct carrier during the morning sort. It ended up in another carrier's hamper. Once a carrier leaves for their route, it is supposed to be the supervisor's job to ensure the package is delivered, since they have "numbers" to meet. They don't, and they will scan it "attempted" or something else, for their magic numbers.

This happened to me just yesterday. Made me look like a dumbass. Customer comes to me with her phone and texts, stating she has been home all day, and a notice was never left. I apologized, but I mentioned I hadn't even been on her street yet. She knows me, and knows my usual times when I'm around her address. I told her I will take care of it.

I text my supervisor, mention customer is looking for a package that was supposedly attempted, and a notice was left, when no notice was left, and I'm still an hour away from her address.

The package magically appeared and was delivered in about 30min, by my supervisor.

What time do the three package say they were delivered? Any package that is scanned, can be traced to whoever scanned it. We have to use our ID's in the morning to set up our scanners in the morning. And the scanner will tell you the GPS location of when it was scanned, even if it was just attempted.

I had something similar happen with a 2 day priority. I get back to the office around 5:30, and a priority package is sitting on my case. Not delivering a priority is a big management failure. I tell my supervisor, and she tells me to scan it attempted. NOPE. She gets in a huffy, and scans it herself.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
Completely different situation but, I do this sometimes. I have some people who don't pick up their mail, I mean ever. Weeks and weeks, months, one guy left shit in his box for a year. I pick it up, send it back. They never say a thing, I simply send anything they get back. Never hear a thing.
Then they get a package. I like to put the notice in the box, you know, the box they never get their mail out of. Hilarity ensues.[/QUOTE]

Seven, I go through this too. Apartment customer never gets her mail, I tagged it vacant and annotated the date. 10/1/19. I'm waiting for her to call and ask where her mail is, so hilarity will ensue. Her record for not collecting mail was 13 weeks. I'm sending back birthday cards, wedding invitations, doctor bills, etc... What drove me crazy, is I'd leave a package in her box, jam it way in the back, and put the mail back in front of it. She'd retrieve the package, and leave the mail. One time I even knocked on her door, because I though she had moved, and I didn't want to leave a package at our door. That was the final straw...

(For those unfamiliar with USPS policy, carriers are supposed to pick up uncollected mail after three days, and hold it at the office for 10 days, then return to sender. 13 weeks is more than an amicable time frame to collect mail.)

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post