SIGforum
Cabela's and their "Clearance and sale" guns

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/6910005274

July 18, 2020, 02:36 PM
NapoleonSolo
Cabela's and their "Clearance and sale" guns
So I don't post much and try to stay positive but it seems that the Clearance and Sale shotguns on Cabela's are non existent. I put in my zip (Near Indianapolis) and every shotgun I put in is out of stock. Limited store availability it says. They say you can have one shipped but.... So guys, am I out of line, clueless as to how this works or chasing something that actually does not exist? Save hundreds on a shotgun is a good thing considering the price of everything gun related is headed up and up.

“Our actions may be impeded...
But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

The impeding to action advances action.

What stands in the way becomes the way.”

― Marcus Aurelius
July 18, 2020, 02:46 PM
Krazeehorse
If it's a deal and you want one have it shipped. Gun sales are on fire now.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.
July 18, 2020, 02:51 PM
NapoleonSolo
I found a Browning shotgun that was half off and a savings of 500.00. I can use that for sporting clays, trap and home defense.And for a Browning I thought that was a killer deal.

But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

― Marcus Aurelius
July 18, 2020, 03:08 PM
IndianaMike
If it is what you are want and better that 1/2 off it is a good deal
July 18, 2020, 03:16 PM
Voshterkoff
It looked to me like they were blowing out items that were collecting dust. The rifle I wanted wasn’t available online, only in selected locations.
July 18, 2020, 03:22 PM
PorterN
Cabelas online gun stock always has been pretty unreliable in my experiences! They have a lot of sales on guns that never make it to their site. But then suddenly email blasts like that come out or banners on their sites list off a bunch of their national inventory of clearance guns but i never see them in-store. I’m not sure how it works, but it doesnt work well. That said, i have special ordered stuff thru cabelas and they were able to find a rifle i wanted when no other local ffl could.

July 18, 2020, 03:42 PM
NapoleonSolo
I also found a Benelli Nova pump for 250.00 so I thought maybe I will buy both. I am going to try to order and see what happens. I have spent a bit of money on my handguns, a P229 Elite and a P225 A! which is a perfect carry gun for me. I got great deals on them and paid for both what a P229 Legion would be. I haven't quite lost my head yet but with the upcoming AR research That might happen.

― Marcus Aurelius
July 18, 2020, 03:50 PM
jimmy123x
I'd much rather have a semi auto for sporting clays and trap. If it's a deal, absolutely have it shipped to the store.
July 18, 2020, 05:36 PM
dgshooter
Cabelas died when Bass Pro bought them.
July 19, 2020, 11:41 AM
Ace31
quote:
Originally posted by dgshooter:
Cabelas died when Bass Pro bought them.

Agreed.
July 19, 2020, 02:54 PM
sigspecops
I started a thread on this a couple of days ago. Everyone of the clearance guns is out of stock in all stores and they are all unavailable for shipping. These were not guns that were collecting dust either. There's a G19 gen 4 on there for $240 and a Sig P320x Legion for $340. I called several stores and none of the employees had any idea there was a sale going on and they said that no gun had ever been sold at the advertised prices.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain
July 20, 2020, 07:59 AM
NapoleonSolo
It sounds like bait and switch. Makes me not want to buy anything from them at all. Support our local LGS's is the way to go. I just don't want to over pay.

― Marcus Aurelius
July 20, 2020, 10:31 AM
NapoleonSolo
It seems that EVERYTHING is either way high and above retail or not available when it comes to shotguns anywhere. All of the places I know to look are too high or gone. And it is a shotgun! But I do get it and paying more than retail for used shotguns makes no sense either. I don't know what will happen as we get closer to November and then when Trump has another term, it may get really crazy. So I am working on stocking up now. Better late than never.

― Marcus Aurelius
July 20, 2020, 10:23 PM
Scooter123
I took a look at this sale and IMO it borders on Fraud. Seriously, multiple Beretta 686 shotgons on clearance at 1/2 off and every single one listed as unavailable and out of stock. Ok if that 2018 model isn't in inventory nationwide why are you having a clearance sale? Also looked at other items and every single one was Unavailable and Out of Stock.

I've stopped counting.
July 21, 2020, 01:04 PM
NapoleonSolo
Yes it darn near borders on fraud. I cannot find anything anywhere close to what I want. Nothing close and I am considering Benelli, Beretta, Browning and Stoeger. I am not in panic mode but this scares the hell out of me that you can't even find a shotgun. I had thought about waiting until later on in the year but I have decided to buy a 12 gauge and pick up an AR15 that's mid range let's say and call it done. I want to start shooting trap again and I have the handguns covered for now. Just don't like what I see on Gun Broker price wise.

― Marcus Aurelius
July 21, 2020, 01:13 PM
soflaac
Thats pretty much the state of the market at this point. I was in my dealer's shop this morning sending a pistol out that I sold & he said that he had 3 AR15s inbound, 2 were already spoken for & the last had a buyer within a minute of him telling those of us in the store that it was coming.

The ammo he gets is pretty much arrived & sold the same way every day right now.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave
July 21, 2020, 01:46 PM
lyman
employees got most of the discounted stuff,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

July 21, 2020, 05:14 PM
Ace31
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
employees got most of the discounted stuff,

^^This^^ As most employees of no matter what the store brand get he best deals especially the trade ins.

Fact of life folks.