SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Selling a Car
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Selling a Car Login/Join 
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Can't vouch for the scammers but real negotiations are fair game, IMO even if it is half of the ask.

Low ball offers at HALF of the asking price are NOT Fair Game, and indicate the buyer is unethical and lacking in moral character IMO! Another indicator is the 'What will you take for it' when the asking price is already a good deal. These types of offers, especially when the item is fairly priced, come from lowlifes looking to for a steal, and these people would likely 'steal' from you given the chance, and then brag about it afterwards! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8864 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I last advertised and sold a car from my driveway in 1988. Never again. Won't even have a garage or yard sale. Back in 2007, I put a 30 cu. yd. dumpster in my driveway and emptied the garage and house of unwanted items. I threw out several thousand dollars worth of useable stuff rather than deal with people dickering for a fraction of already giveaway prices. Not worth the aggravation.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Sold cars and motorcycles from craigslist easy sells got full price, so I probably underpriced it LOL....

on vehicles, many used vehicle people cruise those ads hoping to find owners who will part easily for low offers, just to be done with it.

Used car market is a bit tighter now, less new car production means used cars sell higher, the dealer to dealer auction market is strong,

Dealers make more flipping used cars at auction than on new vehicles. Many have employees designated to do just that, flip cars at auctions.

Posts: 23371 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anything I throw away I destroy first. I have no character

Posts: 1399 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I look at the scammers and low ballers as an opportunity to have a little fun. Maybe my wife is right. Maybe I do have too much time on my hands.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
It is frustrating. I just delete what I consider unreasonable offers rather than get worked up about it. I do get a certain amount of satisfaction from hitting the delete button and not even responding to them.

Posts: 5757 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
CarLotz, if in your area, is awesome. I’ve sold several cars there.

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been watching several models and marks on BringATrailer.com of late.

Everything that sells on that site seems to be way above average.

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post