SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    X this X that....am I the only one who doesn’t care what pistol the army uses
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X this X that....am I the only one who doesn’t care what pistol the army uses Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
Sick of all these threads. I buy guns I like and not because some government dickholes decided it’s the best. A have zero interest in any of these tan and mustard colored Army pistols from Sig, Glock,or whoever. Sweet Glock, you made a Glock 17S (Short)....exactly what no one wanted ever. The only reason I like the M9 is cause it’s a great gun and it’s black...plus John McClane used it to kill Nazi’s at a Japanese Christmas party. I live in the city...don’t give a shit how the magazines will do in the “Sand box.” I guess I will have to worry about it if I take my pistol to the beach. I miss the days when tactical meant black. If I wanted a khaki colored gun I would get it from Dockers. FDE is just mall ninja talk for beige.

Ok rant off have a nice day Big Grin

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Yep.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What annoys me is that someone creates a brand new thread about it every 5 minutes.

Posts: 4546 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
^^^^ yes that’s what sparked this thread

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
It's brilliant marketing.

Someone slaps "mil spec" or "Super Ranger SEAL sniper are issued these" and it seems like everyone wants one.

If you've ever been in the military, you'd likely equate "mil spec" with lowest bidder. Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
It's brilliant marketing.

Someone slaps "mil spec" or "Super Ranger SEAL sniper are issued these" and it seems like everyone wants one.

If you've ever been in the military, you'd likely equate "mil spec" with lowest bidder. Big Grin

It's good enough for guberment work.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Main reason I don't have the 5" M&P 2.0 is the color. I'm an overweight, city dwelling white guy. Not the least bit "tactical." I don't need the latest mil-spec tacti-toy.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I love how the Army's testing brings out all the armchair metallurgists, firearms designers, tacticians, and mechanical engineers to flyspeck everything about the design, as if they actually knew anything.

You get some 1800 word post from someone who is a contract manager for GE with a marketing degree.

No, I don't care much what pistol the Army uses. And I care even less about what most people think about it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Sick of all these threads. I buy guns I like and not because some government dickholes decided it’s the best. A have zero interest in any of these tan and mustard colored Army pistols from Sig, Glock,or whoever. Sweet Glock, you made a Glock 17S (Short)....exactly what no one wanted ever. The only reason I like the M9 is cause it’s a great gun and it’s black...plus John McClane used it to kill Nazi’s at a Japanese Christmas party. I live in the city...don’t give a shit how the magazines will do in the “Sand box.” I guess I will have to worry about it if I take my pistol to the beach. I miss the days when tactical meant black. If I wanted a khaki colored gun I would get it from Dockers. FDE is just mall ninja talk for beige.

Ok rant off have a nice day Big Grin

Totally agree! I buy guns that I like. Have yet to sell one. Most of my purchases are older production. Mostly lightly used. Mostly non-tupperware. I too like guns to be black/blued finish. If I wanted bling, I would go to a low class jewelry store.

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Hey, I just started the first one for people to consider or read for interests sake - not my fault everyone else JibbityJabs it. Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
I'd love to have a "Navy" Sig 226 because I was in the Navy. But I sure ain't going to pay 2-3 hundred $ more just because it has an anchor on it.

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1110 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
. . .No, I don't care much what pistol the Army uses. And I care even less about what most people think about it.

Well, I do care. I want them to have the very best. Honest-to-God, I want the troops to be able to unfailingly call down Zeus' lightening on the enemy each and every time that they pull the trigger, to destroy the enemy with force like that which we often jokingly attribute to the 10mm here in this forum.

I'm interested. I don't think I'm alone.

If you aren't interested, there's a simple solution. Just don't click on the thread.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ ok I’ll go back 5 pages to find a thread not about the 320 and how good or god awful they are. Roll Eyes

Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
There are benefits with they decide to get a new one and turn the old models in for resale. Smile

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm with you on all the green and tan stuff, for sure. Not what I'm looking for. Also, "military issue" doesn't always mean "the best." Sorry if that deflates someone's bubble a bit.

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3477 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Hey, I just started the first one for people to consider or read for interests sake - not my fault everyone else JibbityJabs it. Big Grin

Rhino,
There were at least two before yours that got deleted.

What I liked about yours was that you linked the report and basically said read this. The other threads linked to ill informed web articles.

Para was working hard to control the Jib Jabs. Another reason to respect his work.

Posts: 4546 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rexles:
I'd love to have a "Navy" Sig 226 because I was in the Navy. But I sure ain't going to pay 2-3 hundred $ more just because it has an anchor on it.

You would have been shocked at the number of threads about the first (non-railed) P226s with anchors when they were released. Eek

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want the military to have the best gear. But no matter the choice, there is a learning (or failure) curve while the bugs get worked out.
Example:
The M16.
And now pretty much all of us have one.
Sig and DOD will get it right, in time.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
. . .No, I don't care much what pistol the Army uses. And I care even less about what most people think about it.

Well, I do care. I want them to have the very best. Honest-to-God, I want the troops to be able to unfailingly call down Zeus' lightening on the enemy each and every time that they pull the trigger, to destroy the enemy with force like that which we often jokingly attribute to the 10mm here in this forum.

I'm interested. I don't think I'm alone.

If you aren't interested, there's a simple solution. Just don't click on the thread.

I didn't mean say I don't want them to have good gear. But I am not involved in that process, and have no interest in how they get it, or in talking about it ad nauseum.

I don't click on those threads. This isn't one of them.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Agree but for different reasons. I've never been interested in a firearm because the military uses it.

I hate the fact that FDE and OD are Tacticool. I like firearms that look different than the standard black. I must identify as a fashionista. I have an AR with foliage furniture, not because it's tactical, but because I like the color. Sucks that people assume I'm a dick just because I like colored firearms. I mean, it's true but sucks they assume it to begin with.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post