SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Finally happened, offended someone with the phrase "useful idiot"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally happened, offended someone with the phrase "useful idiot" Login/Join 
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted
Yes, it's true, even when used in the third person, useful idiot is simply calling someone an idiot. Yes, I was referring to Emma Gonzalez, and she probably is a useful idiot.

Words can not describe how badly this made me feel, guess I'll apologize. She's a victim, and junk. Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
..useful idiot is simply calling someone an idiot.

Well no, not at all. "useful" implies value so that sounds like a compliment to me even though I find her much worse than worthless.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
It appears that the first word of the phase is silent. I guess I'm too simple to understand this concept.

NRA Benefactor

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
It appears that the first word of the phase is silent. I guess I'm too simple to understand this concept.
Pretty good explanation of the phrase.

Modern example would be people who go to protest with all the expenses paid by unknown benefactor (e.g. Soros) and never stop to think why it's free or the protest was so easy to set-up.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
I supposed you offended an useless idiot. Big Grin

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I actually told him he was a special kind of special. Wink

https://www.urbandictionary.co...0Kind%20of%20Special

He thanked me...

NRA Benefactor

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Bless their hearts...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Which word was offensive, "useful" or "idiot"? Big Grin

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Did somebody say "useful idiot?"

A term coined by, IIRC, Vladimir Lenin, referring to people who are idiots, but who also serve a purpose to spread propaganda, until one day they don't. Whatsherface and Camera Hogg are exactly that. In Lenin's day they'd have been executed.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post