SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Colt's Customer "Service"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt's Customer "Service" Login/Join 
posted
In a word, non-existent. They refuse to answer phones or reply to fax. My department has quite a few Colt rifles/carbines in inventory, and if I have anything to say about it there will be NO more Colts added. And I DO have something to say about it Big Grin

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8756 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Possible work around:
Phoenix Distributors. 215.953.8602
They claim to be Colt LEs largest distributor. They should have access to someone at Colt who will answer the phone.
If that fails, try Kieslers.
Going through the distributor was a help to me when HK would not respond to me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Guess that I could add that the customer service at STI is total and complete SHIT.

There are many other choices out there. Good luck.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The (maybe) good news is that if your rifles are not post 86 machine guns, people are paying good money for Colts right now.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I do have one metric regarding Colt’s customer service changes that I observed. I had a Python I planned on sending in to the gunsmithing group and had written down the names of particularly competent customer service/gunsmith folks I dealt with over the year and a half of my chasing down parts. When I had the components in hand and called back to actually schedule the work, all of those people “were no longer with Colt”.

This is when they told me that “many” of the Master Gunsmiths that knew Pythons were retiring and they would no longer provide smithing services for the legacy pistols. All of those changes timed with the no more DA revolver work and began a different customer service experience. This was several years ago.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
My WWI repro went back for some minor issues (a longer story than it’s worth ) and Colt did a reasonable job.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
The (maybe) good news is that if your rifles are not post 86 machine guns, people are paying good money for Colts right now.

I may be mistaken, but not all pre 86 guns in Police inv are transferrables,
some may be on a Form 10

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I just called Colt again this week to ask about refinishing of a 60's 1911 Gubmint slide. It's pretty rough due to having been fitted with a Bo-Mar sight and a lot of holster time.

They recommended I call Custom Shop. The slide had a few tapped holes in the top from the sight install years ago and I wanted them filled and ground/polished smooth.

Colt said they couldn't do any of that and wouldn't touch it afterwards even if a master smith did the work. Guess I'll oil it and put it back in the safe.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post