SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Facebook Users: Do You Have Any Of These “Friends”?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Facebook Users: Do You Have Any Of These “Friends”? Login/Join 
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I have 500 or so FB "friends", during the election I either unfriended, or unfollowed at LEAST 150 people

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ltbarber:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Look! A photo of a cheeseburger I just ordered!
Roll Eyes
Better living through technology.

I actually did this today! Smile

haha. next thing you know someone will post a picture of their cheeseburger with a gun next to it. calamity. Big Grin

I don't have the same bad experiences on FB that some of you guys do.

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Many of my facebook friends are my Sig Forum friends, I talk to you jokers all day long.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting for one of our members to do this in a restaurant....I predict hilarity for not all Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by ScorpionBoy:

haha. next thing you know someone will post a picture of their cheeseburger with a gun next to it. calamity. Big Grin

I don't have the same bad experiences on FB that some of you guys do.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Recently a friend started posting hundreds of scanned photos from years ago. She had some of me and it was pretty funny. One she posted was me and some blonde that I couldn't identify, so asked my wife who it was, her response "Girlfriend?"

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
I have 500 or so FB "friends", during the election I either unfriended, or unfollowed at LEAST 150 people

Yep. Older I get, the less tolerance for stupid I have.

It's not just for political stuff, it's also the people who just re-post stuff with no input or thought into it.

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
The key is to go hyper political. Your real friends will still follow you your fake friends will unfriend/unfollow.

I don't do FB, but love this suggestion. A while back the wife of one of my friends sent out some global warming alarmist screed to pretty much everyone who's email address she had gotten a hold of.

I nicely (at least I thought so) responded with an alternative viewpoint for her to consider. Boy, did she go apeshit. I responded again that if she didn't want people to disagree with her, she shouldn't send out email blasts to people she didn't really know. Haven't spoken to her since. Razz

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who "friends" EVERYONE she comes in contact with. She has her face BURIED in her phukking phone ALL. DAY. LONG. Yet if I send her a text asking a question or needing something, it's phukking HOURS before I get a response. Even if I'm trying to do her a favor, I won't hear anything from her for HOURS, all the while her face is buried up to her tonsils in her phone on FB.

Starting to drive me nucking futs!!! Mad

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Did you actually nuke your account or merely suspend it?

I nuked my account, but didn't have it too long or post much before getting rid of it.

I signed up to keep in touch with my kids. What I didn't realize is that FB sends some kind of announcement to half the planet that you are now on FB and anxiously awaiting their friend invite.

Like others, soon I too was being "treated" to posts and photos that all pretty much said "Look at me!!". It got old really fast. I wiped all my info and deleted my account.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My last girlfriend was a Facebook force of nature. Maxed out "friends" (limit is like 4500 or something) and 70,000+ followers.

Yes I knew this going in. I was willing to accept that it's her public persona since she's a bit of a celebrity where she lives, and she appears to be a savant at self promotion. But after a little while, it was clear that Facebook was more "real life" to her than real life. I remember saying, I don't live on Facebook, I have a job, a kid, and other stuff to do. If I don't respond to your post on MY page as soon as you like or the way you like, don't post a complaint within an hour. And don't change stuff after you post it when your mood changes.

I don't know if Facebook creates narcissists or just attracts them...

Posts: 4718 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 226Reasons
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
You don't have to unfriend someone in order to not receive their spam updates. If you go to their page, next to the "Friends" box is a "Following" box. If you unfollow them, they're still your friend but you won't see their posts unless you specifically go to their page and browse through it.

This ^^^^^

quote:
Originally posted by 226Reasons:
I deactivated fb last week. I don't have those issues anymore.

Did you actually nuke your account or merely suspend it?

I suspended mine. And ran a Chrome attachment that waded through my history and deleted every post I ever made.

I may go back, but Step the First will be to drastically prune my "friends" list, if I do.

I pushed the red button. So long as I don't login in 30 days it goes kaboom! They figure their drug is so strong you will be back. I'm done with it. Social media is a disease.

Posts: 1327 | Location: TN | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post