SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Facebook Users: Do You Have Any Of These “Friends”?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Facebook Users: Do You Have Any Of These “Friends”? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
This girl I went to college with, all she does is post numerous updates and pictures of her friggen’ dog on Facebook and nothing else. What’s worse is there’s some kind of glitch where I can’t unfollow her to get away from it short of blocking her which I think is a dick move.

Sorry girl, but I don’t need or want to know your dog’s every move! I really don’t care!

Updated on how you’re doing, fine but Bowser’s every little ailment or play date, NOPE!

Anyone else have friends like this? I really need to unfollow but even after I do, her stupid dog posts keep popping up! Mad

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Just wait until she has kids...

"Little Johnny ate a bite of banana!"

"Little Johnny coughed!"

"Little Johnny threw a ball!"

"Isn't Little Johnny so cute?"

"Isn't Little Johnny so adorable?"

"Look at Little Johnny's new shirt."

"Look at Little Johnny's new shoes."

That's one of the many reasons I cancelled my Facebook account several years ago. Most of my high school and college friends were moving into the stage of their life where they were starting to have kids, and I was starting to get inundanted with constant inane social media updates all about their little rugrats' every moves.

I don't need to know every little move of the dog/child of a friend of a friend from high school.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The key is to go hyper political. Your real friends will still follow you your fake friends will unfriend/unfollow.

My infamous neckbeard thread ain't got shit on my FB wall.

You should be able to limit that. Just tell FB you are "offended" every time the dog posts show up. It worked for my sister in laws Bernie posts for a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
You don't have to unfriend someone in order to not receive their spam updates. If you go to their page, next to the "Friends" box is a "Following" box. If you unfollow them, they're still your friend but you won't see their posts unless you specifically go to their page and browse through it.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Just wait until she has kids...

That’s the thing. She either cannot have kids or has chosen not to and this dog IS her kid.

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Orguss, is right. Unfollowing her should fix the issue. It is somewhat difficult for somone to know you unfollowed them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I did something to block facebook notifications years ago. Now the only time I see things is the once or twice a year I log in. There's some setting you can check or uncheck.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just don't read it, I skip over all kinds of annoying nonsense people post on FB. Some people I really want to un-friend because of the crap they post but I remind myself they're entitled to their opinion and I don't have to look at it or read it.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
There are basically three kinds of people on FB.
1) look how wonderful & exciting my life is
2) woe is me, look how terrible my life is
3) look how much I love Jesus.

Although here recently, it seems to have turned into a lost pet bulletin board. it's almost to the point of "we saw this dog with a collar in a fenced in yard so we climbed the fence and fended off some mad old lady to rescue this dog...we finally got it back in the car and after eluding that crazy woman chasing after us we finally got it back home. The poor thing must have Stockholm Syndrome because it kept trying to jump out of my arms the whole time that crazy lady was calling it by the same that was on it's collar. Can everyone like and share this until we find it's owner?

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 226Reasons
posted Hide Post
I deactivated fb last week. I don't have those issues anymore.

Posts: 1327 | Location: TN | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
As stated - you can Unfollow and still be Friends.

I don't Follow anyone whose posts annoy me in the least. Instead, I occasionally take a look at their Wall instead, if I care enough, see if I've missed anything interesting - usually not - and carry on. Easy as pie, still a Friend if I need to want to reach them. Works great.

Beyond the occasional ad they force upon us, the only things that hit my feed are the things I want to see. It's the only way Facebook is tolerable, IMO.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The people that constantly post everything their kids do. Are they thinking about the effect on their kids - of having their entire lives broadcast?

And they don't seem to think about safety - telling everyone everything your kid likes, where they like to go, restaurants they visit, schools they attend, etc. If someone was intent on getting to the kid, they have everything thing they need to know. Not only where to find them, but what to say/do/offer to get them to to trust/believe.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Never had it. Never will

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:

Although here recently, it seems to have turned into a lost pet bulletin board. it's almost to the point of "we saw this dog with a collar in a fenced in yard so we climbed the fence and fended off some mad old lady to rescue this dog...we finally got it back in the car and after eluding that crazy woman chasing after us we finally got it back home. The poor thing must have Stockholm Syndrome because it kept trying to jump out of my arms the whole time that crazy lady was calling it by the same that was on it's collar. Can everyone like and share this until we find it's owner?
Oh God , they do it here too . Or every time somebody hears a siren or see's a LEO with the lights on they run to FB and asks if anybody knows what's going on . Get a freakin life already .

Posts: 4049 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
You don't have to unfriend someone in order to not receive their spam updates. If you go to their page, next to the "Friends" box is a "Following" box. If you unfollow them, they're still your friend but you won't see their posts unless you specifically go to their page and browse through it.

This ^^^^^

quote:
Originally posted by 226Reasons:
I deactivated fb last week. I don't have those issues anymore.

Did you actually nuke your account or merely suspend it?

I suspended mine. And ran a Chrome attachment that waded through my history and deleted every post I ever made.

I may go back, but Step the First will be to drastically prune my "friends" list, if I do.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look! A photo of a cheeseburger I just ordered!
Roll Eyes
Better living through technology.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Look! A photo of a cheeseburger I just ordered!
Roll Eyes
Better living through technology.

I actually did this today! Smile

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2339 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I would much rather see pics of her dog than the insane political bullshit.

I have had to unfollow people I agree with just because I get bombarded by each one of them posting 20 political posts each, per day. Usually the same damn post or article.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
That little chevron up in the corner is one of my favorite things.

You get about 2 cat posts, or a couple Trump is such a ... Posts then your put in time out till I remember to check up on you again.

I would unfollow my father if he wasn't, well, my dad.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5149 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post