SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Not happy with Amazon.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not happy with Amazon. Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted
Recently I had new Michelins put on my truck and decided that with 70,000 miles on my truck that I should replace the front struts and rear shocks. I ordered the AC Delco OEM struts from Rock Auto. The rear shocks I order from Amazon as I had a $60 credit and that would help offset the cost. I also ordered the AC Delco OEM shocks. The struts came today (ordered yesterday} and I received an email from Amazon that 1 shock will arrive Sunday?? and the other is yet to be shipped. They said 7 left when I ordered, why send 1 at a time? I'm not going to start until I have all the parts. Disappointed to say the least. Amazon is usually good with their shipping.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
That would be frustrating. Out of curiosity, Was it shipped and sold by amazon or on their marketplace?

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
It was shipped by Amazon.
Now when I look at their website, it says one shipped and one on the way. It says both will arrive before 8:00PM Sunday.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
It looks like they have 7, just not all of them are in the same place. And why on earth would there be an odd number?

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckWall:
It looks like they have 7, just not all of them are in the same place. And why on earth would there be an odd number?

They may have one shock in one warehouse and 1 shock in another warehouse.

rtquig - do you have Prime and was this a Prime item? If so, you're guaranteed 2 day shipping as long as they are in stock.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
quote:

rtquig - do you have Prime and was this a Prime item? If so, you're guaranteed 2 day shipping as long as they are in stock.

Yes, I have Prime and also their credit card so I get 5% back on every order. I was okay with a Monday delivery and then got concerned when 1 was shipping and at the time didn't say when the second shock would ship.

Living the Dream

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
quote:

Yes, I have Prime and also their credit card so I get 5% back on every order. I was okay with a Monday delivery and then got concerned when 1 was shipping and at the time didn't say when the second shock would ship.

That makes sense why you got a shipping notification 2 different times. You should be good to go. I have had Prime since November, 2016 and have not had any late Prime shipments yet. My friend's have had it for several years and get a lot of their boxes from Prestige/Lasership and get a lot of late deliveries (after 8 PM/3rd day.) Every time they've gotten a late shipment they've complained to Amazon and have usually gotten a free month of Prime.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Sunday, 11:00am, one shock delivered. I'm hoping the second will show up, I'd like to install them all tomorrow in one shot.

Now Amazon updated their delivery, Tuesday by 8:00PM.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rtquig,

Living the Dream