SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    It’s that wonderful time of year. Consumer Product Bonanza season! Call me a paramedic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It’s that wonderful time of year. Consumer Product Bonanza season! Call me a paramedic Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
Well it’s on now. The holiday festerment is here. Did my grocery runs tonight. I always hit 2 places to get everything for the week. I’ve been stocking up starting last week so December I only go to the local grocer and no where else.

Tonight there were wanderers in the Costco. No cart, just wandering around. Same thing at the grocery store. It’s begun. Maybe college has let out or something but a bunch of college aged kids at both stores just clogging up the place. It’s that first whiff of the season that the bullshit is about to start. There was also grown folks buying tons of shit. I guess they want to start cooking for Turd-Day a week early. That means groceries next week will be a fucking battle and a battle every week until early to mid January.

I loathe this time of year. You are supposed to celebrate Christ not the marketing version. If you could talk to Jesus I highly doubt he’d be telling you to go buy some consumer products. Write a check to help a stranger out, go volunteer, do anything, but clog up the roads like a 95 year old artery trading paint on them streets to get your trinket. Stay home, order online. Watch the lights and bullshit on your television. Nah, instead it’ll be Zombie December. Try to get your normal shit done? Zombies are driving everywhere aimlessly. Just trying to get out and get your food for the week, you are gonna have to walk with the dead to get them. People are about to lose their fucking minds for 6 weeks and I’m not looking forward to it. I hate this time of year.

Some tips to beat the dead. Go only where necessary. Myself, I stock up on freezer goods and pantry stuff in November. Turd day hits I go volunteer. Outside of work, the gym, the grocery store, and Mass, that’s it. I ain’t going any fucking place because it’s a nightmare and it seems everyone on the Earf wants to be in it.

Best of luck gents. Fuck!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too hate and dread the holidays.
And... You are a Paramedic!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
You beat me to it calling him a Paramedic.

(I only got as far as EMT-B, NM EMT Registry 1982-1988)

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8067 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Have you tried grocery shopping at 7AM?

Posts: 11814 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hate this time of the year also.
Grocery shopping was done around 9am sometime during the middle of the week most times. That's gonna change come beginning of December. I'm now going to have to go after work in the middle of the week I guess. Hopefully won't be to bad.
Dog food was bought around the same time too. Mid week, morning. There were advantages to 2nd shift.
Christmas, I'll be alone in the house as my daughter is going to see her Mom in Salt Lake City. It's about every year so....
The dog will be happy. I'll go to see family later Christmas day.
Thanksgiving is at my Aunt's this year. Brother used to do it but after his wife passed recently, he doesn't have the will.
I should just smoke a turkey myself and call it a day. Not a bad idea really.
New Year's eve I just stay home. Way to many morons out not to mention law enforcement. New Year's day? Still to far off for a plan.
By the 2nd week of January, things return to normal. Right after New Years there's the fucking sales and people go goofy. Everyone returning shit they don't like also. I'm a self admitted Grinch and my daughter is the only person I get anything for. Usually money though so it's easy.
Yes, hooray for this wonderful time of the year. Roll Eyes

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
I ain’t going any fucking place because it’s a nightmare and it seems everyone on the Earf wants to be in it.

I operate that way year round brother! Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
What a nightmare this week was. Monday at Costco, packed to the hilts. Instead of getting through quickly, having to deal with mouth breathers in every isle. Many of which weren't buying food or buying much of anything. Just wondering the store as it's Turd day week so they are bored senseless. Instead of going for a walk a ride, anything, nope, let's go to the store and wander around aimlessly.

Then the long lines. Fucking Costco should know better and have more staff and more checkouts firing up. It was like a normal Monday with 3-4 open and extremely long lines. No prob, I can deal with it, it's consumer product bonanza season. Well I don't know if some guy tried to steal some shit or what (I think he did). But they closed the big garage doors. We were funneled out a normal home sized doors. Exit line backed up to the registers. Single file line, it was a fucking circus. Finally get out, and want to get some fuel before the upcoming shit storm of Tuesday and Wednesday last minute mother fuckers. I get 8 cents of fuel in and all the pumps shut off. I'm guessing because everyone was gassing up on Monday to split for the week. Great. That means 25 cents more per gallon at the gas station close to the house.

Rest of the week I'm going to my local gym everyday and I've got some volunteer work on Thursday. Bear hibernation time as the hysteria is here. I hate this fucking time of year! God help me if I need something for the house over the next 6 weeks. It'll just stay busted/broken until Amazon can get it here. I don't want to drive anywhere I don't have to. This is THE period of time where general society loses their got damn minds. Common courtesy, what little of it is left in society, is 100% gone.

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to Sam’s and CostCo both yesterday. Picked up a leg of lamb and a few other things in Sam’s in Roswell and then 4 bottles of wine at CostCo in Milton and then back home.

Took less than an hour.

Posts: 1053 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes sir, it has started.
I went to Pet Supplies + today and it's just on the outside of the local shopping mall (think Target, JC Penny's, etc.) and it was a madhouse. Had to get dog food because I'm almost out.
Drivers cutting each other off and stupid ass driving in the parking lots.
They were out of the 30# bags of dog food so I had to get a 15# bag. That means I'll have to go back, probably right around Christmas. Mad
1st shift starts Monday so I suppose I could run on lunch break and get another bag if I have to. Either way, it'll get worse.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We were in Costco in Goodyear Az this week. Every checkout lane was open and the checkout lines were backed up over half way to the meat section. We got the hell out of there.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I got bit yesterday, and it’s my own fault at the end of the day, but I’m still pissed.

I get up and make coffee, then breakfast, which was my pre workout meal. Get the K9 sorted then I go lift and am having a solid workout, really pushing. I got there at 12:05pm and even though they stated they were closing at 2pm (I knew this the day before) there is a note on the door “doors locked at 1:45”, I’m like f u. I hate this holiday bullshit. Shit is closed, hours of operation all fucked up. It’s 24 hour fitness not half day fitness. Supposed to be open all the time every day, even holidays but no problem, 2pm, I’ll change my schedule. No problems with that. But don’t put that bullshit up about 1:45. It’s my longest workout of the week, but I speed it up, and I’m out the door at 1:40. And when I say speed it up I’m killing myself because there are assholes in there, who must have been bored senseless at the family gathering, sitting on benches and machines, that I need to use, watching videos or the football game or whatever. Why don’t you just go sit in the fucking corner and do that? You aren’t doing anything anyways. Just mind blowing. Hey I want to drive up to the gym in the cold and the rain so I can sit on a bench and fuck with my phone. I’m sore as hell today going so quickly but I’ll get over it.

Came home, took a shower, protein, let the k9 out then off to the homeless shelter for my shift today. I don’t do Thanksgiving for well reasons I won’t go into here as to not getting anyone’s shorts twisted. I head out, have to go into the city. It’s lightly raining, I mean it’s mild. 70 mph speed limit highway and the fast lane is jammed pack full of idiots doing 60 mph. I was pissed and getting angry. My volunteer work is God’s work, so I want to get there and get there on time. I even left early in anticipation of dipshits but this was worse than I thought. Highways is clogged up with people driving extremely slow, under speed limit, and under the speed limit in the fast lane, which is a passing lane. People were doing 59-60 mph in the fast lane and nobody was accelerating. I look at the other 3 lanes and it’s jammed. Now I’m late. Navigation time was based on speed limits. Next to me in the fast lane is the HOV. Local LE doesn’t enforce it on weekends, at night or holiday, it’s free to use even if you are the lone occupant. They cannot cite during these times. People are whizzing by in the HOV like we are standing still. I see SUV, truck, car, just going by like we are standing still. HOV has a delineation with these plastic poles that stick up out of the ground, little thin things and many of them are gone. I keep seeing big breaks in them where there none sticking out of the ground. I see a break, pull the wheel to jump into the HOV and get out of there, as I was fuming pissed at the idiots. Well the cars/trucks/SUV’s in front of me, probably 7-8 vehicles deep blocked view. There was a solid break in them to get over into the HOV but my visibility was only 1.5 car lengths since I didn’t want the people next to me seeing a gap then jacking in front of me. And they had been trying. As soon as I merge I hit one of those plastic things, and it cracked my turn signal/parking light lens located in the right bumper. My truck has 1489 miles on it and already have to fix it. Still pissed off. It’s only like a $55 part (dealer will charge $65 I bet) but + labor so I’m betting $165 to fix. Sucks ass, I haven’t even got to the point where I can put PPF on it (January) so I’m reeling. But I let others cost me money so it’s on me. I’m just pissed off. I’m so ready to move out to the country and get out of the city but I’ve still got many years to go to retirement and I can’t even fathom a 1.5 hour commute each way to work every day. That would be even worse. I’m just never going to get over or get used to discourteous ass hole mother fuckers on the roads or in my gym, or at the grocery store, or anywhere in public. Yeah it’s sprinkling, big fucking deal man. It’s not snow, it’s not ice, it’s not a damn weather storm, it’s some light rain and it’s 49 degrees not less than 32 where it will stick. If you want to drive like a pussy then get the fuck over into the slow lanes and let us who need to get shit done, move on. I’m not mad at the $165 I will have to spend, nor real pissed off at myself at a mistake or attempt to get through traffic. I’m pissed that these asshole think they are more important than anyone else and can just do whatever the fuck they want and everyone else just needs to deal with it. The passing lane is taught in drivers education when you are a kid. Passing lane only. If you aren’t passing get the fuck out of it. At the very least, if you want to be an asshole instead of a jack wagon mother fucker, at least go the speed limit in the fast lane.

I hate the mother fucking holidays. People just turn into zombies. I have one single family member total who I am in touch with. It’s my aunt, just getting to know her over the past few years, and her daughter and her 3 daughters are all at my aunt’s today. 2 of the 3 girls have full scholarships for school. One is smart as a whip and has 3 scholarship offers and trying to decide which to take. I really want to see them all, all beautiful ladies that I want to get to know and it’s Black Friday, it’s raining, and it’s 45 miles from the house. I’m very apprehensive about driving anywhere today because of all the zombies on the road. Shit I’m scared. Fucking dumbass apocalypse.

Thanks for letting me rant. I’m ready to punch the wall.