SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Winchester rebate???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester rebate??? Login/Join 
posted
So before Christmas I bought a bunch of Winchester Shotgun ammo that had a mail in rebate. I bought some for my wife's 20 ga and I bought some for my son for Christmas for his 12 ga shotgun.
We clipped the upc code from the boxes and downloaded and printed the rebate forms. I got envelopes ready and sent them in, in two separate envelopes. One had my name on it and the other my sons name. I enclosed the sale slip with the ammo price circled.
Today I went online to find the status of the rebate and it says; We have not received your rebate form. Maybe one....but two lost in the mail?? I took them to the post office and gave them to the clerk, not some box.
Has anybody else had this with Winchester?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sucks I've never had that issue, but I can't say I've ever done a Winchester rebate... I did the Remington one maybe October or something and it went smooth... hopefully they find them and get you taken care of.

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did email them today. I got my rebates on American Eagle ammo back already from before Christmas. I cannot remember if I have done Winchester rebates before. I was actually worried about not getting the American Eagle rebate, because I went online to do it and whenever I put in the UPC code from the boxes, it rejected them saying there was no rebate on that ammo. I sent that in and got it back. I knew there was on that one. I could have bought any brand of shotgun ammo, the store I was at, a Field and Stream had tons of brands.

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had this happen with other rebates. It is not infrequent. Often the rebate is farmed out to another company to process. A phone call or email usually solves the issue. Only once did they ask for another copy of the form. It is poor business to screw people over for stuff like this, so they generally take your word for it. The last time it happened to me was with Springfield Armory. I finally received it six months later. Apparently lots of folks had similar delays.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent one in for some BST rifle ammo at the end of December. Just got and email from them on Monday 3/6 that it had been received and accepted, but will take another 4-6 weeks for processing. Eek

Posts: 170 | Location: Kearney, MO | Registered: October 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I should have made then sign when they got the letter. At least I would have proof of it.
If it was only 5$, but it is 40$.
It is not the biggest gripe in my life so I guess I will just let it go.....gone. I feel better.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess I should have made then sign when they got the letter. At least I would have proof of it.
If it was only 5$, but it is 40$.

Making them sign makes no difference, so you saved money there. They can always say they got a blank envelope. Learned this from an attorney friend who does not bother with certified mail.

I think they will make this good. They are probably just behind. These companies usually employ someone to answer their emails. Let us know what happens.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far have heard nothing from them. Just gonna say lesson learned.

Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Mad
Winchester running another rebate on rifle rounds - makes pricing good----buts here's the rub.

One would think a the rebate form, copy of the purchase receipt and maybe the UPC tag off the case lot would suffice as proof of purchase nut noooooooooooo Mad
Have the cut the UPC off each and every box of ammo to qualify.

Royal PIA.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4573 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to mention the reviews on the Winchester site which mention quality issues with the rifle rounds (I was looking at 556 ).

Posts: 700 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Thanks PK---wasn't aware of the issue----does seem sketchy quality overall.................My workarond would be the 1000-round loose pack---2 boxes/2-UPC tags----but Lake City looks problematic!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4573 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
Have the cut the UPC off each and every box of ammo to qualify.

Royal PIA.

Every ammo rebate I've ever mailed in required that. Same for contact lens mail in rebates. They have always involved cutting off the UPCs from each box.

Probably intended to prevent unscrupulous stores/employees from applying for the rebate, and then selling the items.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post