SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Two Of My Sisters Acting Strangely Non-Responsive About Birth Of My Child: Update Page 2!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two Of My Sisters Acting Strangely Non-Responsive About Birth Of My Child: Update Page 2! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
You've accomplished something each of them has failed at, a happy relationship and a baby. Let it go.

Congrats! Pics?

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
You can't choose your family, but you can choose your friends. If certain family members (or friends) aren't reciprocating your loyalty and affections, redirect your care and energy elsewhere. It could be an innocent mistake or a busy thing, or more. Who knows. I've learned to expect very little from most and relish in the pleasant surprises. I'm certain I'm better off for it.

Congratulations, just the same. It sounds like you're winning anyway.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m pretty upset by this and I’ve told my wife and she agrees it’s very strange.

I will not be including them on any future texts or emails, that’s for damn sure. Screw them.

It is really sad that you are so worked up over this.

It is not like they replied that your baby was ugly. They just did not reply. You are assuming that it was an intentional insult but how do you know that your sisters did not look at your text, say to herself "good for them, they are so lucky" and then went on about her day.

You could just as easily choose to look at this from a more positive point of view since you have nothing to indicate otherwise except for your interpretations of what did not happen.

Why not continue to include them in future group texts? It is no extra work to add the 2 names and you have no idea of the impact you could be having on their lives. 10 years from now they could be telling you how much it meant to them to be included in the family news. Or maybe not but whats the harm?

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
It looks likes in the joy reconciliation, your account is overflowing with joy and their accounts are very much in the hole.

I think you have enough joy to share so that you can overlook this slight from them.

Good point. I will choose to not let this bother me any longer and just move on.

quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Maybe the 1 one with the husband responding cares but considers his response sufficient

I didn't think of that, you may be right.

Good. Drop it, reach out to them and see how they are doing. They need your support now more than you need theirs. Grits and Marlin made some good points.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
It looks likes in the joy reconciliation, your account is overflowing with joy and their accounts are very much in the hole.

I think you have enough joy to share so that you can overlook this slight from them.

Good point. I will choose to not let this bother me any longer and just move on.

quote:
Maybe the 1 one with the husband responding cares but considers his response sufficient

I didn't think of that, you may be right.

Congrats on the baby, PASig! I wish your family the very best!

I think you've made the right decision -- forgive and forget. There's no upside to cutting your sisters out of your life. Nobody's perfect. Forgive and move on.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
There's no upside to cutting your sisters out of your life. Nobody's perfect. Forgive and move on.

Good advice, especially if the sisters who didn't respond are dealing with the circumstances you mentioned.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
OMG, nobody LIKED my new SELFIE?!?? TTYL bitches!!!

It was a picture of our newborn son and how much he weighed, etc.

They have done the same for all of us for births, graduations, etc.

I know it wasn't a selfie, my comment was sarcastic.

Can someone point me to the proper Book of Faces etiquette manual? When should you like, when should you respond with a personal message?

I mean if people are getting so butthurt about it, obviously there are people who aren't following the manual.

I'm on FB but I can't (1) believe the shit people put on there (2) can't believe the shit people get pissed off about on there and (3) the time people spend pissed off about shit on there.

You could post a picture of a set of quintuplets, winning the lottery, and curing cancer on the same day and I could easly not "LIKE" the post.

Life happens outside of FB. Maybe the sisters have shit going on and haven't logged in in awhile.

Maybe YOU FORGOT to LIKE one of their POSTS or PICTURES and they are giving YOU the silent treatment???

I'm just here for the memes

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
pick up the phone and call them, ask them how things are going.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
pick up the phone and call them, ask them how things are going.
No way, humans use the phone to TALK???

Since memes were mentioned, I'd hate to disappoint.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Some great advice here. I know because I can use some of it myself in my family relations.

By the way, congrats on the new arrival. Why don't you post a picture of the little guy here? Razz

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6371 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new arrival - exciting times!

I'd let it go, and carry on as before.

Don't stress - your hormones will be back to normal several months after the birth.... Wink

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12349 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats.

Sometimes friends are better than family.

I have sister that told several lies about me that resulted in a couple of I.A. investigations. I've said 9 words to her in 30 years. "Your husband is in jail, bond is $1,000 cash." Kinda enjoyed that.

Don't let how they act ruin a joyous occasion in your life.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
quote:
I sent a GROUP TEXT

I Never respond to Group texts..as it is annoying to everyone else on the group.

Maybe you could call your sisters.. and see if anything is wrong. I don't understand your anger, but then I dont do the iPhone stuff.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I agree with Cheesegrits and whoever told you to pick up the phone.
Someone is undoubtedly crushed by your ability to have a baby when they been suffering and trying so hard to, and the other one sounds like she's just struggling with life in general- don't take it personally- you have so much joy right now.
Call them and share the news in person. Tell them you love them and ask how they are. Invite them to see and hold your new bundle of joy, and don't be hurt if they can't manage to come.
For some, life itself is a struggle. Add hormones on top of that, and you've got quite a mix.

Know that your baby is welcomed and loved by all.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Not responding to a text is pretty rude, but you have enough to worry about now.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17245 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Virtually nobody likes group texts or emails. Maybe even literally no one.

Take the extra minute or two and make each one at least seem personal, even if you just copy and paste it and change the name.

This is true in life and business.

Just say NO to group messages.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
my brother sends group texts all the time. I have no idea who I'm responding to, so I generally don't, I'll call him back. And he knows I hate texting.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OMG, you had me at 5 sisters!

Seriously, congrats on the new addition!

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1116 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
UPDATE:

Out of the blue I get a group text last night from one of my two sisters that I wrote about, the one who's been heartbroken trying to have another child.

They suddenly will be bringing a little boy home Friday! 6 days old as of today, a cute little guy with reddish-brown hair! Apparently it wasn't looking good for a while going the adoption route and an opportunity arose for them and they jumped on it.

We are all good again and I spent last night talking to her and asking her if she was ready for the crazy life of having a newborn again (their first child, a girl, is 5 or 6 now) and she replied that she was nervous! I told her she'd do fine and warned that little boys like to PEE, A LOT, when you change their diapers, LOL! Big Grin

I still have't heard from the other one but I should be seeing her this weekend actually along with my brother as they are both coming up from NC for the 4th of July weekend to visit us all in PA.

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post