SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Good lord just turn in your firearms now you sissies
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good lord just turn in your firearms now you sissies Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
This is my favorite essay on gun control people:
Raging Against Self Defense: A psychiatrist Examines The Anti-Gun Mentality

http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/ra...ainstselfdefense.htm

quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
I talked to her about drunk driving and how many people are killed per year due to it.
She told me that that doesn't affect her. I told her that it will sooner or later and you'll lose someone you know to it eventually. Cold fact but it's true.
She knows about the whole cell phone thing and only has 2 years driving experience under her belt. I asked her to pay attention next time she drives to work and to look at how many people she sees texting or on their cell phone as they're driving.

Very good information, thank you.
I always try to keep a level head when talking to anyone about guns. Same holds true when I discuss anything really.
Emotions tend to cloud judgment and generally get in the way of talking about things constructively. Doesn't matter if you're talking about guns or talking about your favorite football team.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Great story about your daughter. Glad you have introduced her to shooting, had the conversation with her, and let her go. Hopefully she learned something yesterday about what was really going on around her that may help her better appreciate her Second Amendment Rights.

I agree w/ grumpy and am glad you didn't 'put your foot down' and forbid her from going. Actions like that more than likely end up driving a parent and child apart. As you wrote, she's 18, so she's old enough to buy a rifle by herself, old enough to vote, and old enough to decide to attend a protest rally.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
quote:
Great story about your daughter. Glad you have introduced her to shooting, had the conversation with her, and let her go. Hopefully she learned something yesterday about what was really going on around her that may help her better appreciate her Second Amendment Rights.

I agree w/ grumpy and am glad you didn't 'put your foot down' and forbid her from going. Actions like that more than likely end up driving a parent and child apart. As you wrote, she's 18, so she's old enough to buy a rifle by herself, old enough to vote, and old enough to decide to attend a protest rally.
Old enough to get a job, old enough to pay rent, old enough to be self sufficient...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
quote:

Old enough to get a job, old enough to pay rent, old enough to be self sufficient...

She has a job, she pays me a little a month but helps out around the house with chores and she's leaving this Summer.
After having custody of her the last 4 years, June is gonna hurt.
Back to Grumpy's original post.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
I love how people keep talking about additional gun control, because it shows me how stupid these people really are. I especially love the people who say they want to ban all semi autos. It gives me a chance to use the "Come and get them" response, which triggers people more than any other expression I could possibly muster.

David, it is a good trigger for sure.
I like to get them to talk about why they want all semi automatic weapons banned. You'd be surprised by some of the answers.
"All they're made for is killing"
My answer, "I kill paper and steel with mine".
"Kids are dying everyday".
My answer, "Lots of people are dying everyday, more from drunk driving. Do you not care about them?"
I could go on but you get my point. This actually riles them up more than the "come and get them" approach.

Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Ah, this is about being morally superior.

Suggest some time applying that do-gooder attitude by living in a rich-and-vibrant community like East Cleveland. An appreciation for the non-hobby, social uses of firearms will soon follow.

I'd suggest a visit to South Africa to appreciate the impending genocide of an under-armed minority, but that'd be cruel.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
It's called "Take Advantage of Any Tragedy to Further The Agenda" the total removal of firearms from the hands of the common citizen. Once done allows either foreign or domestic forces to take total control. Long Live The King or Czar which ever is the case. We have plenty of laws on the books now that would solve 90% of the crime and violence but they are not enforce by design. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
So I guess that the military should stop issuing any guns to any member under the age of 21.

Yeah, that will work. NOOOOOOOOOOT!

Can we hear the screams of outrage when some 20 year old wants to be a cop, but is denied due to age?

Not to change the topic, but we see/hear this crap all the time from a bunch of uneducated "children" who are the captives of the so-called education establishment.

Anyone else remember the survey some time ago in which people were asked who the USA fought in WW2? Shocking number of respondents said we fought against FRANCE!

Some wise person has said that those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Welcome to the new day.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post