SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Office Depot Customer Service
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Office Depot Customer Service Login/Join 
posted
On July 2nd I bought a new office chair from these assholes. I bought it online but selected store pick up due to a promo they had running for online purchases. When i got to the store I went to actually look at/sit in the chair which I was glad i did as it was cheap and flimsy. I told an associate what was going on and he said not to worry, if I did not pick it up my card would be credited. Two weeks goes by, no credit so I call the store and have been doing so since. I am dealing with a call center in the Philippines that is an inept as they come....highlights include:

Call 1 - They send me an email telling me they are having a truck come to my home and pick up chair.

Call 2 - (after I call back and tell them I never got the chair) Oh we are sorry we will credit your card right away

Call 3 - Back to they are waiting for a truck, which is where I lost my shit and asked for a supervisor which they nver provided me with. Instead I was told to go to the store!!!

Call 4 - Call local store and spoke to manager who was less that friendly. He said "gee, for some reason thee system would not let me cancel the order but Ill keep trying"

Call 5 - Corporate HQ which auto transferred me back to the Philippines!!!

I am just calling my CC company and disputing the charge at this point

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
"Office Depot Customer Service" is an oxymoron.

I agree with your last point -- just contact the bank that issued your credit card and dispute the charge.

If you want to write, the address is

Office Depot, Inc.
6600 North Military Trail
Boca Raton FL 33496

CEO's name is Gerry P. Smith. I'm sure that he would enjoy receiving a letter from you, expressing your frustration and dissatisfaction.

Mr. Smith received a sign-on sum of 1.2 million bucks. This is on top of his 1.1 million annual base salary, three million in stock options, and potential bonuses of up to 2.2 million / year. That's a lot of green to get as a reward for pissing customers off.

I personally do not do social media, but it's things like this that would encourage me to have a Twitter or FaceBook account, so I could make their bullshit public knowledge.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
"Office Depot Customer Service" is an oxymoron.

I agree with your last point -- just contact the bank that issued your credit card and dispute the charge.

If you want to write, the address is

Office Depot, Inc.
6600 North Military Trail
Boca Raton FL 33496

CEO's name is Gerry P. Smith. I'm sure that he would enjoy receiving a letter from you, expressing your frustration and dissatisfaction.

Mr. Smith received a sign-on sum of 1.2 million bucks. This is on top of his 1.1 million annual base salary, three million in stock options, and potential bonuses of up to 2.2 million / year. That's a lot of green to get as a reward for pissing customers off.

I personally do not do social media, but it's things like this that would encourage me to have a Twitter or FaceBook account, so I could make their bullshit public knowledge.

Thanks, I was actually going to write and already shamed them on Twitter making sure to include @staples in the tweet

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised they're still in business.

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
I'm surprised they're still in business.

Judging by how skinny their inventory in store was it might not be for long...lots of empty shelf space.

Where in Metro West are you from?

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
So you ordered online for in store pickup. I think you should have logged back in to the online store and cancelled the order regardless of what the guy in the store said. Otherwise you're trusting them to give back money with no recorded interaction. Now your only option is to refute the charges, which will take longer.

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
So you ordered online for in store pickup. I think you should have logged back in to the online store and cancelled the order regardless of what the guy in the store said. Otherwise you're trusting them to give back money with no recorded interaction. Now your only option is to refute the charges, which will take longer.

Trued, it did not give me the option

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am just calling my CC company and disputing the charge at this point

I understand the desire to not be nasty with people, but some times it is necessary. after about 2 or 3 times of getting the run-around, I would have just told the credit card company that the product was not acceptable, and that I had never actually received it. Cancel the transaction.

But then, I am not noted for my patience with incompetents.

My idea of escalation usually runs something like, first level management to second level. To Corporate HQ.

Or, in the case when I had an issue going with the military over an incident when an idiot 2 1/2 driver ran over the front of my car and the idiot 2nd Lt tried to pin it on me, my escalation went straight to the DOD. (had my check in less than 7 days).

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post