SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Libtard family members who can't let it go
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Libtard family members who can't let it go Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My Mother was 100% percent Democrat EXCEPT when it came to abortion . Her family was Catholic going way back to the old countries . She just overlooked that part of the platform .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
I pity leftists. Politics is their religion, and a hollow one at that. To a person, I find the further left a person, the more miserable they are.

They they look to others to save them rather than looking within to help themselves.

They are jealous of anyone who can demonstrate personal responsibility and critical thought, and must resort to projecting their inadequacies on others.

It's really sad.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3619 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I have one friend, rabid progressive, union retiree. Off the rails. Told me that if I knew what was good for me I'd drop all support for the Republicans and get in step with the Democrats.

Friends for damn close to 60 years, think that is coming to an end.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He is probably correct.
We have become a nation of addicts. Hooked on social media and gaming systems. Threaten to take away the drug and the population will vote whichever way they are instructed.

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Politicians do nothing for the unions except take their money.

How many union jobs were down the drain on day one?

I wonder if they realize that the push towards an all electric motor vehicle production will put many out of work. It takes significantly less to build and maintain an electric vehicle.

Meanwhile, the new Bronco Sport...is made in Mexico. Do they think the Democrats will stop companies from leaving and moving production overseas. Or across the border? The reduction in corporate taxes brought a lot back. Watch them all leave again.

quote:
Congress work to develop domestic production of advanced technology vehicles, and he suggests using the existing Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act to retrain the estimated 150,000 workers currently employed making parts for internal-combustion powertrains.

The shift to electric vehicles could cost the UAW 35,000 jobs in the next several years according to their own study.
Electric cars require fewer parts, workers and time to build.

New jobs will be created to a point...all technical in nature. The guy installing a part on the line will be gone.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was union for many years . You would be surprised at how many of the rank and file vote Republican . The Dems don't care . They still get their donations from the International and just steal the votes back .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:

New jobs will be created to a point...all technical in nature. The guy installing a part on the line will be gone.

you mean like all the tech jobs during the Clinton years that were created? And soon after those jobs were filled by 1HB Visa holders from overseas?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
It is maddening, if you let it get to you. I feel the same way, what blows my mind is they are SO entranced, nothing gets through to them. jjones nailed it on the head.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
I was union for many years . You would be surprised at how many of the rank and file vote Republican . The Dems don't care . They still get their donations from the International and just steal the votes back .

I've got a friend who's a union rep, they recognized he had enough smarts and started 'grooming him' by sending him to the Harvard union school. They all let him know early on that if he had a problem with the 2A, he'll likely not get along with most people.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
I think I have lost my daughter over this, we don’t even have a discussion, I just answered a question she asked.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3685 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In November of 2016 our son severed all relations with my wife, his sister and me. Why? Because we voted for Donald Trump. He asked us not to but we were or will not alter our beliefs for anyone nor will we be told who to vote for. And of course because we do not see him, we do not see our grandchildren. If hurt my wife very much and she has been sad about it for a long time. Even as late as last summer she would still start to cry about it when it was brought up. She is however beginning to understand and accept the idea that we will never see him or them again as painful as that is. Me? If he calls us in the future I doubt I will take the call. The reason is my wife has been diabetic for 61 years and has a few other ailments all related to her immune system. She could take ill and pass away any day. There have been times in the past when I arrived home late in the morning from work and found her comatose on the floor as she tried to get to the kitchen to get something with sugar in it to bring herself out of a diabetic induced seizure. I've had to "rescue her and on occasion, call for the paramedics when I couldn't bring her back. He knows all this. She is a prime candidate for the Chinese Flu. He knows that as well but yet has not even attempted to make contact with her just to see if she is ok either directly or via mutual friends or family members. He is of course a hard core liberal which may explain some of it. But he has placed politics above family. The little boy that we raised, sent to private schools, played ball with and all the other assorted things that a dad does, has turned against us. Because of politics and his hate for the candidate of our choice. For me that is unforgiveable. But I have to admit. This still causes me pain to think about all this or even post any of it. As I type this, it cause me to tear up a little bit and wonder where we went wrong. Thank God we still have our daughter and her boys. They are our lives and all we really have left now.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
May God bless you and your family, Bulldog7972.
Cold comfort, seeing the posts above, you're not alone. Stay strong.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is sad. Probably our future as well with the Grandkids. What are you but your morals and value system ? Would you support encouraging everything that is opposite of what you hold dear ? I think animal rescue will be our beneficiaries. Last this I want to do is send them to college or encourage them to be long term parasites

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear this. Pretty cultish behavior.

There was video that a pretty evil woman made, where she brags about harassing/abusing her dying father into changing his vote from President Trump to biden; I had no words.

quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You and your wife didn't go wrong, Bulldog.

I believe that more and more it is the exceptional child that, over time, isn't turned into the person your son has become. The 24 hour propaganda feed from mass and social medias - not to mention the usual peer pressure, wanting to fit in, "I'm 15+ and know everything", etc. - are almost impossible for parents to overcome.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hammer1967
posted Hide Post
Same boat here with my Mom. She has been home for months and drinking the CNN koolaid everyday.

Can’t go to church, movies or bridge and lunch with friends.

We don’t talk politics much, she did ask me not to vote for DT, because he is an evil man.

Some other things she has recently said make me wonder about her state of mind, she is 80.

If Jesus would have had a gun he would be alive today. Homer Simpson
“Him plenty dead” Tonto

Posts: 1088 | Location: TN | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
People who don’t talk to you can’t mooch.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a similar interaction with both my parents.

They've always leaned heavily liberal. I confess that I used to lean that way too, until I got interested in guns. I own a pile of guns now. Dad hates guns. I drive a 3 ton SUV, the kind my dad would rant about back in the mid 90s when they first became popular.

Occasionally he sends a political email. I ignore them.

This time he sent a preachy email to me about a week ago for not wanting to get the COVID vaccine right away.

To provide some context - I'm relatively younger and in health care. I qualify for the the phase 1A vaccination group. I opted to wait things out. Not because I'm anti-vaxx, or into conspiracy theories. I just don't want to be the first in line to get a vaccine based on technology that has never been fielded before (mRNA vaccines). I have two terminally advanced degrees. I understand how mRNA translation and the vaccine work. I still don't want to be the first in line. I'm lower risk, we have all the PPE we want at work, and most of the patients I come into contact with have already been screened before. Never mind the wife is at the bottom of the priority list and even if I were to take the shots there's still not clear evidence that it would prevent me from spreading to her anyway if I got it. I also hate crowds and we don't go bar crawling on the weekends or hang out with people in large groups. We haven't even physically met with our friends for almost a year - it's all been Zoom. We're boring homebodies.

But now I'm irresponsible and shirking my "civic duties" because I "refuse" to get vaccinated. I'm also apparently unable to form my own opinions or think for myself because I must only get my information from right wing bloggers and conspiracy websites. I don't even remember the rest of it. I thought about replying but decided against it. They must have picked up that their approach was a mistake because a few days later they tried smoothing things over by email. I'm still pissed. I get that part of it is because they're worried about me. But if that's the case, they could've just come out and said, "We're worried about you", instead of taking the preachy political soap box approach. This isn't the first time they've taken this approach. Did I mention I'm still pissed? We haven't spoken since.

Posts: 820 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
.... wonder where we went wrong.
Thank God we still have our daughter and her boys.
They are our lives and all we really have left now.

All you can do is to do your best.
Sometimes with all the greatest upbringing they still turn out fucked up but that is their choice and nothing you should be ashamed of.
God Bless you and your wife.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post