SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    BofA lack of customer service
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BofA lack of customer service Login/Join 
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
"No, I am not closing the account. I am leaving three cents in it. Now, please give me the money, in cash."

That brought a smile to my face. I like how you think!

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BoA bombards me with credit card offers. I send back their business reply envelopes empty.
That'll teach them!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After being fed up with local banks, I decided to give small amount checks to my GF to deposit or cash at her credit Union. Amounts up to about $100.

Any checks much larger get overnight mailed to my Credit Union in Pennsylvania. If it's mailed before 2pm local time, it's received by noon next day and I receive a confirmation email.

I WILL NOT deal with any Tucson bank.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stated repeatedly that I had to conduct the deposit through an ATM.

I don't think I've ever seen an ATM that didn't have a sign saying NOT to deposit cash.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
This kind of nonsense is not new by any means.

American Express had sole banking for the military members in Germany. Had branches on a number of bases including 97th General Hospital in Frankfurt. I was on detached duty, requiring a LOT of travel doing audits of various units.

Went to one of the AMEX branches which happened to be in the 97th. Needed 35 bucks to cover expenses while on an audit trip.

They told me that they would not give it to me because I was already over drawn. Wrong!!

We had more than $5K in our account. Told them to notify the HQ in downtown Frankfurt that I was coming in to close our accounts.

The president met me at the door, could not do enough to make things right.

We had several $1000 in our account.

Bank president told me that I could not withdraw all that cash. So, I told him I want to cash a check, how much was in the account. 10 minutes later I waked across the street and opened an account with Chase Manhattan. Never had a minute of trouble with Chase. Ironic result was that we could go into any AMEX branch and cash the Chase Manhattan checks and they never called to see if we had the money in the account. AMEX always called to check.

Had a close buddy working on the audit team with me, and AMEX was giving him shit about small checks. He had more that $35K in his account, from some farming stuff. He closed his account and went to Chase, too.

Current issues with credit unions are making it difficult for us. We wanted to open a new trust account to deposit money from a business transaction. They told us we could not, because we already had the maximum number of trust accounts. Some obscure fed-reg.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
There is no way I can be clearer about my feelings on B of A:

F*** Bank of America.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
BoA bombards me with credit card offers. I send back their business reply envelopes empty.
That'll teach them!

You're too kind. I stuff them full of trash before I mail them back.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Closed my BoA account in 1973. I see they haven't changed.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Ahh BoA.

They screwed me badly two decades ago, so I'll just pop into the thread here to say this:

Fuck 'em

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
Closed my BoA account in 1973. I see they haven't changed.

Sure they have....the BoA of 1973 pretty much collapsed in the late 1980s & and was bought by NCNB (Nations) who opted to keep the name. Their employees don't much like it when you refer to their employer as North Carolina National Bank though...

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I recently had a problem with BofA over a check deposit. My mother in law sent my wife a check for $2,000. I deposit it online as I seldom go to the bank anymore. They put a hold on it for 10 days. I called customer service and explained I have deposited checks from the same account as this check and 2 days later the money is in the account. I ask why? I was basically told because they could hold a check for 14 days when they want.
I have money in the account to cover it and didn't need it immediately, but wanted to know why all of a sudden they are taking 10 days.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
BOA is in the same hated boat as comcast, will die before doing business with them

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Bunch
Of
Assholes

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I used to have a BOA account for personal use and a business account that ended up at Wells Fargo due to mergers after the 08 meltdown.
I never had a problem at BOA but Wells Fargo was, by far the worst bank I ever had the misfortune to deal with. The waiting area was always full of people that were infuriated at them and trading horror stories about Wells. I was able to be a regular contributor to those stories myself.
I closed both and started accounts at a nearby well regarded community bank. Now I see the same people that have worked there for years, they say yes to requests, they know me, the difficulty of doing anything is much lower or nonexistent.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Wells Fargo, I heard a new radio commercial. It said they had stopped doing the things that were pissing people off, and ended with "Wells Fargo. Established ___," - I don't remember the year - "Re-established 2018."

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. Wells Fargo has a "mea culpa" commercial on TV too.
Nope.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I've been a Chase customer for almost 20 years, since back when it was Washington Mutual around here, and I've been happy. Haven't had to deal with any stupid Shenanigans. And the service has been consistently good across all the bank branches that I use as I move around from city to city, or in other states when I travel.

My current branch uses the large advance ATMs instead of tellers inside the branch, with a couple of customer service reps that just kinda walk around the room or post up at standing computer terminals near the front of where the line might form. There's never a line though, because the advance ATMs get people in and out of there quickly. The customer service reps always ask if they can help me with something as I walk up to their inside ATM, and the ATM inside of the lobbies don't have the withdrawal or deposit limits of a regular ATM--it's like s regular teller as far as they are concerned.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
All banks seem to be going to this extremely stripped-down self-service model with minimal to no people actually helping you at a branch.

Recall my thread a while back about my local credit union closing down the human-staffed drive-through?

Well, I go to a local branch for the first time in ages and need to cash a MO. I walk in and they have a guy standing there directing you to...AN ATM, inside the bank, to do everything. All teller stations have been shut down and no one in sight. WTF!

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OMCHamlin:
Honestly, if you are still a BoA customer, you deserve what you get...

My wife has been with BoA all her life and “never had a problem.” Every time an envelope shows up with their logo I badger her about dropping those criminals. When we opened a joint account months ago to find home repairs I told her I wouldn’t put a dime in a BoA account. She chose a local credit union to keep the peace.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
We use a credit union and really don't ever have much to gripe about. They will occasionally put a hold on some portion of a large deposit (like $10k or more), but that's about it - and even that process doesn't take more than about 5 minutes of waiting at the teller.

they did screw up and renew a CD one time when it was supposed to drop into a savings account at maturity. When I caught it via online browsing, I went to a branch and they fixed it with no penalty fees etc. That one took about 10 minutes.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post