SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    New Tires on truck, must have been done by idiots
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Tires on truck, must have been done by idiots Login/Join 
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
They skipped balance weights day.

Could've been worse.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Did they balance it on the truck? Only way I can think of they could have done that.

A local shop has ability. An electric drive wheel they pushed up against the tire to spin it on the car. The selling point was it not only balanced the tire and wheel but also wheel cover, hub and brake drum all together. Only thing was, if you rotated your tires it had to be redone.

They would balance the regular way normally, but if a customer came back with a complaint than they would drag out the on car balancer and do that. They never used it on mine but I have watched them do it to other cars.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/7UP97bO-MpU

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take a closer look, there probably those fake wheel weights made for wheel covers.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope they buy you and your misses lunch. What a screw up.

Posts: 12576 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post