SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Being single sucks. Update Page 3
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Being single sucks. Update Page 3 Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

I don’t think you quite comprehend just how big a bullet that you dodged there. You would have been absolutely miserable with a controlling, selfish, demanding wife like that.

Good on you for pulling that eject handle when you realized that.

Eek

Oh I’m well aware. I’ve dodged that bullet twice, a few years apart from each other. The other one for very different reasons. I honestly cannot count the number of women who have tried to pull their trickery on me, like singing and dancing little sprites. It never works. I either tell them off or they figure it out and move on to a much easier mark. I’m still open to marriage if I find the right one along the way. I’m just not going out of my way to find it and certainly no got damn apps. I stay in good shape so there is always one around flirting. Realistically I couldn’t afford to come back after a nasty divorce financially. I’ve never put my hands on a woman in the wrong way and I have never cheated on someone I’m with so I’m at peace with it either way. They have their requirements, which are extensive, and I have mine. Being free has so many benefits. I do what I want, when I want, buy what I want. No bitching at the house, no honey do’s. It’s very liberating. And it don’t hurt none being able to date younger women.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12630 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Interesting stories...

some of us, a few I guess, have stuck with it for good or bad, me 39 years... my only time and my wife's second and so she knew better what she was getting into.

but then one of my montras in life is:

a man has to know his limitations...

I would never smoke a filtered cigarette,.(cigars for me).. don't drink that stuff they call light beer...(bourbon & guieness) my favorite food is beef cooked very rare, (most don't want to know how rare) and I've never found taking a shower with a rain coat on to my liking, and so I never chased skirts or pants. but then, I realized a while back that I was not a ladies man.... know your limitations ....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I am glad you are doing well Rainman.
It is pretty obvious that quite a few here have had issues in marriage that where bad.

Some have chosen to forgo other opportunities for the rest of their existence. I get it.

Others have found a wonderful partner to share the remainder of their life with.

Many have had successful marriages for the duration.

No marriage is perfect. Because none of us is perfect.

But finding the right person to share your entire life with can be a very rewarding experience.

So my thought is to be smart but be open to relationships that you find interesting because you never know who you might fall in love with someone and have a wonderful life together.

If you shut down any opportunities than that ends any of those potential opportunities. Like some here have professed to do.

Here lately we have done a pretty good job of lumping everyone into certain categories that fit certain narratives.

It is pretty easy to say "I am never going to get involved in a relationship with a woman. Because this one screwed me over. Therefore all woman are evil." Roll Eyes

I truly wish you the best of luck. You are a good man.
Nicely put

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
Went through that crap about 40 years ago, just a practice run as I see it. My wife now was what the practice was for! We've been together 34 years of our life together forever. DO NOT GIVE UP!!! There is the right person for you out there!!

No offense meant but this right here is a big part of the problem. The happily ever after bullshit Disney programming that makes us believe that we need someone else to make us complete. We need to encourage other men to be the best they can be without the boat anchor of another woman.
Be happy by yourself and completely free. If a woman happens to come along who checks all the boxes and is a compliment to your life rather than something you need to compromise yourself over then that's an option. Making the state involved in your relationships via marriage is a fools bet though.
This should be required reading by fathers to their sons.
https://www.goodreads.com/book...07-the-rational-male

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post