SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Being single sucks. Update Page 3
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Being single sucks. Update Page 3 Login/Join 
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Lots of words of wisdom in this thread. After 3 divorces, I found out marriage is not for me. I have more money and less stress than anytime in my life. YMMV.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:
Update:
As the tides turn, I am now happy alone.

{snip}

And I do NOT need a woman to be happy.

My Father was right.

Your father may be right but so was Dean Martin as the song goes.

Wish you well.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hang in there partner...

My divorce was just finalized last Thursday. No kids, I was the one who did the divorcing. Just had enough of the whole dynamic. She comes from a big, close family.....they have something to say about everything, preface their comments with things like " If you were smart, you'd..."

Yeah....five years, just didn't want to listen to the bullshit and deal with a big nosey family anymore.

Posts: 59 | Location: NW Burbs of Illinois | Registered: June 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CrazyHorse5.0:
Hang in there partner...

Yeah....five years, just didn't want to listen to the bullshit and deal with a big nosey family anymore.

You too, shall embrace the peace.
And money.
And freedom.

And I am making my whole house a mancave.

It feels good!

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the red pill life, brother.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post

A man and his dogs.
It doesn't get better.

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
One of the things my ex complained about was that we lived on a dirt road for 9 years.
This week, they paved the road.
2.5 miles of fresh asphalt, With 4 curves.

I dubbed it "Rainman's Raceway".

The Ducati loves it!

posted Hide Post
Try to lose the past and focus on the future. I realize this is easily and is very hard to do.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:

The Ducati loves it!

I have a similar road a couple miles from my house.
My 650 does pretty good scooting my ass fast enough to get my heart rate up.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The best part of divorce for me was knowing that one day, if I outlive her, I get to piss on her grave.

If I don't, then I'm finally free.

When newly divorced, I discussed it with a co-worker who had been divorced about a year, at the time. "I'm just getting to the point now, where I can crawl out from under the bed." I thought it a strange comment to make, but a year later, understood exactly what he meant.

Now, I have to strain to remember her name. I hope I don't completely succumb to senility, because I'd hate to think I couldn't remember which grave to piss on.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went through that crap about 40 years ago, just a practice run as I see it. My wife now was what the practice was for! We've been together 34 years of our life together forever. DO NOT GIVE UP!!! There is the right person for you out there!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that the Covid lockdown shit is being eased, I'm planning a couple of motorcycle trips to out of state locations. I haven't taken any long distance motorcycle trips in several years. Rides I'm laying out this summer are not too far: Utah and Colorado.

Problem now is, long time GF is not too happy with that. She doesn't ride and would like me to sell the bike but THAT will not happen.

So, the whining from her begins.

Someone, please tell me again how being single sucks.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Now that the Covid lockdown shit is being eased, I'm planning a couple of motorcycle trips to out of state locations. I haven't taken any long distance motorcycle trips in several years. Rides I'm laying out this summer are not too far: Utah and Colorado.

Problem now is, long time GF is not too happy with that. She doesn't ride and would like me to sell the bike but THAT will not happen.

So, the whining from her begins.

Someone, please tell me again how being single sucks.

This busted up my engagement GW. The fiance says, amongst a bunch of other demands “As soon as we’re married that sportbike is the first thing going.” I laughed and said the hell it is. I’ll probably have 2 or 3. Other demands were the diamond that I want nothing to do with (had matching custom made platinum bands made), a house we could not afford, control over the money but that bike selling demand was the straw that broke the camel’s back. The right woman will want you to be happy, support your interests, etc. She’s just jealous you are spending time and money on something that isn’t her. I told my fiancé all this money shit I do not like and if we proceed it’ll be a prenup mandatory. She argued, we didn’t talk for 2 weeks. 2 weeks later we talk and she says “I sure kicked that prenup in the ass.” I replied “Yeah, I’m kicking this relationship in the ass”. It was dead air on that phone for a good minute. Best decision I ever made. To the curb she went! I may be single, but I am free. And nobody will ever tell me what I can or cannot do with the money I earn. I’ve busted my ass for it. I have a superbike, a sport tourer, and a 125cc scooter for a pit bike and banging around the neighborhood. A supercharged Yamaha PWC, a truck, a DD. And nobody whining about any of it! Next up will be my 50th to myself in the form of a manual STi or M2C, maybe a Z. I still remembered when I hit 40. Got up for work, while shaving in the mirror I teared up. Wasn’t dating anyone at the time and woe is me, I’m alone. That lasted about 10 seconds. Then I smiled and said to myself, bro, you’ve never seen a divorce judge nor attorney, never paid alimony or child support, dude you are free as a got damn bird! 10 seconds from sadness and depression to the best feeling of my life. The younger ones I date now, I just let them know from the gate, x, y, and z are off limits and I try to do the friends thing first. There will be no discussion about my passions in life. Some talk all this “it’s dangerous!!!” Stuff but it’s really about the $ in the end. There is a thing called life insurance honey!

Good luck sir.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I am debt free except my mortgage.
My credit score is the highest it has ever been.
Making the whole house a mancave.

Now I decide when, where and what I do.

Being single does NOT suck!

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
One of the things my ex complained about was that we lived on a dirt road for 9 years.
This week, they paved the road.
2.5 miles of fresh asphalt, With 4 curves.

So you traded being married for your own raceway, such a deal!

Glad you are moving on and forward, get out, ride, work, enjoy every day....

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Samsung 75in 4K UHD tv

I'll suggest that is a better investment that chasing tail on the rebound.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some would be GF statements that cause me to bail:
"You already have one of those"!
"You dont need that"!
"You spend (or spent) too much money on that"!
"I was talking to my friend about you and she thinks....".
Adios, baby!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

This busted up my engagement GW. The fiance says, amongst a bunch of other demands “As soon as we’re married that sportbike is the first thing going.” I laughed and said the hell it is. I’ll probably have 2 or 3. Other demands were the diamond that I want nothing to do with (had matching custom made platinum bands made), a house we could not afford, control over the money but that bike selling demand was the straw that broke the camel’s back. The right woman will want you to be happy, support your interests, etc. She’s just jealous you are spending time and money on something that isn’t her. I told my fiancé all this money shit I do not like and if we proceed it’ll be a prenup mandatory. She argued, we didn’t talk for 2 weeks. 2 weeks later we talk and she says “I sure kicked that prenup in the ass.” I replied “Yeah, I’m kicking this relationship in the ass”. It was dead air on that phone for a good minute. Best decision I ever made. To the curb she went!

I don’t think you quite comprehend just how big a bullet that you dodged there. You would have been absolutely miserable with a controlling, selfish, demanding wife like that.

Good on you for pulling that eject handle when you realized that.

Eek

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I am glad you are doing well Rainman.
It is pretty obvious that quite a few here have had issues in marriage that where bad.

Some have chosen to forgo other opportunities for the rest of their existence. I get it.

Others have found a wonderful partner to share the remainder of their life with.

Many have had successful marriages for the duration.

No marriage is perfect. Because none of us is perfect.

But finding the right person to share your entire life with can be a very rewarding experience.

So my thought is to be smart but be open to relationships that you find interesting because you never know who you might fall in love with someone and have a wonderful life together.

If you shut down any opportunities than that ends any of those potential opportunities. Like some here have professed to do.

Here lately we have done a pretty good job of lumping everyone into certain categories that fit certain narratives.

It is pretty easy to say "I am never going to get involved in a relationship with a woman. Because this one screwed me over. Therefore all woman are evil." Roll Eyes

I truly wish you the best of luck. You are a good man.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
It could always be worse. It could be 30 years from now with you looking back, wishing you'd ended it when you should have.

(Not me, but someone very close to me.)

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post