SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Todays Rant: Millennials are breeding!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Todays Rant: Millennials are breeding! Login/Join 
posted
In the Lounge there is a current Millennial related thread and as I did not wish to derail it, I will post this as a rant.
Disclaimers:
I hate the grocery store.
I hate recycling my cans.
So... As I enter the Yooper grocery store, I am already nursing a fine rage. I then enter the can recycling room, which as always is disgusting. There are 4 recycle machines. All are occupied, one with an older female and one with an older man. The other two are taken up with what appears to be related male kids. What spikes my blood pressure further is that both these delightful children have have shopping carts full of cans. !00 plus easily per cart. Me and the other recyclers have small bags of cans. Fine. I opt for zen like calm and step over behind the older lady, as there is no way in hell I will wait while these kids run hundreds of cans through the machines. All is as well as "can" be until one of the pukes tries to put a damaged can into the machine. After a couple of failed attempts, little Junior takes the damaged can.... and throws it across the room!
Before the can hits the wall, it showers the adults with a fine spray of whatever vile fluid
it contained. My Rage-O-Meter pegged instantly! The air in the room went cold and the adults then fixed the pukes with a silent glare that would have peeled paint off a battleship. Did it phase these two would be geniuses? Nope! They laughed. I looked around for a security camera in the hopes that my beating of the children would soon go viral so my invisible friends on SF could enjoy it. Then I saw him. Standing just outside the recycling room was... Hipster Man. He had the full hipster uniform on, including scraggly beard and man bun. His full attention was on his phone. I knew instinctively that this man was responsible for breeding these two shits. I chose to preserve my freedom and left the area. My suspicions were confirmed when I saw Hipster Man and the Shits all together in the checkout line.
We have now reached a sad state in our society. Not only are Millennials fouling our national experience, they are breeding offspring which will spread the insanity for generations to come!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15973 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Call them heads down from now on. Their heads are perpetually buried in their phone screen.

Oh yes indeed it feels like a war is coming.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12555 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I think / hope not for generations. The war they are bringing to our door that will shake the tree of liberty will eliminate much of them. It won't take generations to arrive - maybe just one more election.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12672 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
This shit makes me glad that I'm old and won't be around much longer. I spent my youth in much happier times.

We're Rome in the 5th Century AD. Western civilization has fucked itself.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15469 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
I hate the can room and just throw all of my cans into the garbage. Fuck the 5 cents. The damn room is always gross, and no matter where it is located there are always a few street urchins with giant bags of cans. I'd sooner lock the doors and set the place on fire then ever go into one again.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
thank the lord that we don't have "can rooms" in TN

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be happy you can skate on the can recycling thing.
Buy a can, pay 10 cents deposit.
Bring the can back, get the dime back.
So... who is paying for all the expensive can recycler machines? One of our grocery stores has a machine that reads the bar code on the can and wont take the damn can if it cant see the code.
There is $$$ being made on the whole thing and it aint by me.
The new Yooper Meijer store near me has a huge can room that features large rat traps.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15973 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
It's two liter time. That's what I do. Wait for the 99 cent sales and load up.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5679 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
This shit makes me glad that I'm old and won't be around much longer. I spent my youth in much happier times.

We're Rome in the 5th Century AD. Western civilization has fucked itself.

I'm with you.

Wait, we're old?

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
thank the lord that we don't have "can rooms" in TN

Agree!

I have a can crusher on the wall with a trash bag lined trash can underneath. A SIL gets them to sell for scrap, she needs what little $ they bring.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4112 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Interesting Thread. I had never heard of a 'can room' until I read this. We don't have these in Montana. We either dump them in the trash or use them for target practice. No deposit means no return.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4207 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Growler.

Posts: 17112 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prepsheriff
posted Hide Post
Epic Rant !!!!!

Airborne ! All the Way!!

Posts: 904 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: January 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Buy a can, pay 10 cents deposit.
Bring the can back, get the dime back.
So... who is paying for all the expensive can recycler machines? One of our grocery stores has a machine that reads the bar code on the can and wont take the damn can if it cant see the code.

Ours is five cents. I still wouldn't go in for 10 cents. I guess my price would be a quarter per. I never tell my wife what to do, but there is one exception. She is forbidden from any and all can rooms, regardless of neighborhood.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Call them heads down from now on. Their heads are perpetually buried in their phone screen.

Due to the poor posture of looking down all the time, they will expire at an early age or get run over when crossing the road. Smile

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never heard of a "can room" but I get the uneasy feeling there is one in my future.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it’s any consolation my three kids have all showed an definitive affinity for solidly conservative points of view. The older two will no doubt have similar lines of thinking to me and most on this board. There are youngsters who don’t fall in line with the liberal bullshit out there!

Posts: 246 | Location: Damn it's hot! | Registered: September 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

Depending on how screwed up the state is, Zero/Five/Ten cents per can goes to the state. I've lived in states with all three arrangements, and by far, Zero is the best. Smile More details from Wikipedia

Some fraction of the cans get recycled. State keeps all the upfront money from the unrecycled cans.

Collection point shells out to the collector, gets reimbursed by the state.

The state is the big winner in the exploit; to misquote Dire Straits: "That's the way you do it - money for nothing and the annoyance-generation for free."

Posts: 14995 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Millennials and their “Wokeness”.

https://townhall.com/columnist...ts-the-woke-n2555867

A Rude Awakening Awaits The ‘Woke’
Derek Hunter

The professional victim class is very upset with former President Barack Obama. Why? Because he basically pointed out how they’re not activists, they’re basically Nazis willing to do anything to enforce conformity of thought on the nation.

Obama, of course, didn’t call them Nazis, at least not in so many words, but the implication was there. And it wasn’t missed by the left-wing mob demanding uniformity of thought.

What did Obama say that has these snowflakes melting? He told a crowd at an Obama Foundation event, “This idea of purity and you’re never compromised and you’re always politically ‘woke’ and all that stuff. You should get over that quickly. The world is messy. There are ambiguities. People who do really good stuff have flaws. People who you are fighting may love their kids. And share certain things with you.”

You may be asking yourself how that’s controversial; how did getting along with people and compromising to get things done become a betrayal to some kind of liberal cause? If you’re a sane person, it’s not controversial, it’s reality. It’s adulthood.

But thanks to the policies and political party of President Obama, adulthood is now just a prolonged temper tantrum. The “woke” crowd is a large percentage of millennials, though not the whole group (thank God), and their existence to this point has not prepared them for a world outside the cocoon of groupthink.

They’ve been raised not to keep score, because losing could damage their psyche. Their walls are covered in participation ribbons and the area between their ears is marinated in praises of adequacy. When you’ve been told your existence makes you special by people who were supposed to prepare you for adulthood, adulthood becomes a scary place.

Reality doesn’t care that your parents thought the world of you, the world doesn’t think of you at all. You have to make it think of you by making something of yourself. And these little brats, whose fits thrown in the toy aisle may have ended up with “time out” also likely ended up with the toy they wanted.

So when someone, anyone, tells them “no,” scolds them in any way, they aren’t capable of handling it.

Some guy named Ernest Owens, who is described only as “a journalist,” was tapped by The New York Times to respond angrily to Obama’s mild rebuke of people freaking out over every perceived slight.

Owens wrote a long, whiny piece about how everyone else just doesn’t get how important these temper tantrums are because they’re too dumb to understand it. “Boomers and Gen-Xers, along with a handful of younger people with more regressive views, have been agitated by the way many young Americans — and especially young people of color — use social media, the only platform many of us have, to talk about the causes we care about,” Owens declared. “But they are going to have to get over it.”

Owens really lays on a thick coat of victim paint. He’s a gay black man who can’t accept most people don’t care about either of those things while believing he should be celebrated for them. Those things define him, and his “journalism.” In a video on his website he talks about how he brings his unique “intersectionality” to journalism. Not accuracy, not honesty or fairness, but intersectionality.

For sane people who don’t know, intersectionality is the ever-changing food pyramid of victimhood Democrats created to ensure they could take any situation and manufacture a victim. It’s garbage, and it’s ruining a generation of young people.

Over the weekend, a bunch of angry leftists in New York stormed the subway system, jumping the turnstiles to protest the idea of enforcing the law by arresting people who do just that. For good measure, they carried the usual “progressive” signs about f-ing and punching the police.

One of the organizing groups, calling itself “Decolonize This Place,” chanted, “It is our duty to fight for our freedom! It is our duty to win! We must love each other and support each other! We have nothing to lose but our chains!”

They’re too angry or dumb to realize they are free and whatever “chains” are holding them down are of their own making. It’s amazing how the more “woke” someone is, the more they seem to sleep through the obvious.

One day, hopefully soon and before it’s too late, these people will wake up and realize that they’ve been lied to. That President Obama, of all people, was giving them a gift when he told them to calm down, that reality bears little resemblance to their insulated drum circles and college “safe rooms.” Until then, be prepared for more Nazi tactics, ironically done to combat what they think of as fascism. Oh, and unemployment, because social media is forever, and who would be crazy enough to hire anyone bringing this kind of baggage with them?

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I almost wish they'd get everything they want, like student loans forgiven, free medicare for all of them, etc. Then I want to see the look on their faces when they get that first paycheck and most of it has gone to taxes to pay for it.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1853 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post