SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Todays Rant: Millennials are breeding!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Todays Rant: Millennials are breeding! Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Thank God none of the states that have such nonsense laws are places where I'd consider living. But take heart, its a quick way to determine which places are shitholes. You don't have to read the laws, just use the stupid ideas as a shorthand way of figuring it out.

Sounds good until you think about the hours to be wasted taking back your money. With the exception of aluminum beer cans, I don't consume beverages in cans or bottles. Not about to start, either.

There was a time, maybe 1990, when my buddy Vern and I went to a club meeting. It was summer and warm, which indicated carrying along some liquid refreshment. The meeting was outside, as was the tradition. Vern, untypically backed his truck into the patio where we had the meeting. And those few of us who partook in such beverages, maybe 99% proceeded to do what we did. But as the cans were emptied, he tossed his in the bed of his truck. All was well good.

He drove home at slower than normal speed, keeping the wind down. But when we got to his home, he turned down the alley to the river. Then he backed in to the river bank, got out and just scraped them out and on the ground. So up comes the local PD. Out comes the cop and yells, Vern what the hell are you doing.

So Vern replies, feeding the homeless. And he asked the cop "how many do you think will be here by noon tomorrow?" Big Grin The cop drove of, telling him he'd be picking up any that are left on the ground. Of course there were none. It was a field day for the bums. The calculation is there are 17 cans per pound. What the scrap yard pays per pound varies with the price of aluminum.

Vern says (and his observations were the gospel), that very little of it went to solid nourishment, most went to liquid. You can take his knowledge to the bank.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18381 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Just today I was in Zaxby’s eating lunch. I was literally the only one seated in the restaurant. A millennial couple sat down right next to me and what do they do? BOTH of them start watching videos on their phones. Loudly. So, naturally I pulled up 311’s greatest hits on my phone and played it as loud as it would go, strategically pointing the speaker towards the wall so the sound would bounce off in their direction. I could see the husband looking at me out of the corner or my eye. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I'm curious what Hipsterman and the Two Shits do in the winter in the UP? How Do they get along with the other snowflakes?

Posts: 10784 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They do fine.There is a currently growing horde of hipstermen here in Marquette, courtesy of NMU and our hospital. Tourism is sucking them in too. We are blessed with many coffee shops and craft breweries where they swarm. We are having a record breaking cold spell, so I can only hope they get frozen out.
Hipster Event: www.freshcoastfilm.com
Click on "films". And make sure you have on your skinny jeans and Chuck Taylors.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15974 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Just today I was in Zaxby’s eating lunch. I was literally the only one seated in the restaurant. A millennial couple sat down right next to me and what do they do? BOTH of them start watching videos on their phones. Loudly. So, naturally I pulled up 311’s greatest hits on my phone and played it as loud as it would go, strategically pointing the speaker towards the wall so the sound would bounce off in their direction. I could see the husband looking at me out of the corner or my eye. Smile

Love it. Got damn idiot generation is hooked on that phone. The national epidemic isn't opioids. It's that damn phone. I wish we could have a national celullar outage. Millenialls would be killing themselves, literally, they couldn't take it.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12555 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Ok, boomers.

Posts: 8140 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
I almost wish they'd get everything they want, like student loans forgiven, free medicare for all of them, etc. Then I want to see the look on their faces when they get that first paycheck and most of it has gone to taxes to pay for it.

Sane Logic

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
Ok, boomers.

For immediate release........

"Ok Bommer" is now replaced with "10/4 Dinosaur"

"Millennial" is now replaced with "OK Junior"

"Gen-X" is now replaced with is not being replaced as everyone knows Gen-X is associated with coolest Generation ever and cannot be replaced!

Carry on!

Posts: 2024 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigolicious:
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
Ok, boomers.

"Gen-X" is now replaced with is not being replaced as everyone knows Gen-X is associated with coolest Generation ever and cannot be replaced!

Carry on!

I like that! Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post