SIGforum
Cooking fresh spinach...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/6780005054

December 06, 2018, 12:25 PM
Jim Shugart
Cooking fresh spinach...
You start with a Silverado full of it and it cooks down to 1 cup. Mad

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw
December 06, 2018, 12:50 PM
kz1000
Womp womp.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris
December 06, 2018, 12:54 PM
Bisleyblackhawk
Same with mustard greens...bought a big bag at Publix yesterday, packed them into a large boiler with water and bacon and cooked them down...ended up with enough for supper last night and tonight (that black iron skillet of cornbread sure soaked up that pot-liquor...that's a meal in itself) Razz ...gotta have chow-chow though!

Love me some greens (of any flavor...even kale).

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet
December 06, 2018, 01:00 PM
Jim Shugart
Yummy...Mustard greens and cornbread. I grew up eating that (near Dandridge).

I'm making one of our favorite Greek dishes: Spanakorizo. It's simply spinach and rice with garlic, onions, olive oil, with plenty of dill and lemon juice. I add a little tomato paste to mine but the cook in the following video doesn't. Putting a slice of feta on top couldn't suck. Gonna serve it with a pair of lamb chops.

Usually I hate cooking videos where the camera is pointed at the cook instead of at what they're cooking, but this is an exception -- she's candy for an old fucker's eyeballs.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw
December 06, 2018, 07:10 PM
IntrepidTraveler
El Bruno's in Cuba, NM has a "flash-fried" spinach that is absolutely delicious, but feels like you are eating puffed air. Very light, very tasty, and highly unique!

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)
December 06, 2018, 08:52 PM
StorminNormin
I love cooking fresh spinach, but yes they sure wilt down a lot.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
December 06, 2018, 10:17 PM
ds1962
Spinach, greens, and cornbread, what do you need? A little salt I guess.

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!