SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    On Line ordering...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On Line ordering... Login/Join 
posted
..I don't want to create an account. I don't want to "log in". I just want to place an order for a product you have on your web page. I want to speak with a human to see if the part is in stock.

I tried phoning in the order on toll free number but was told to order on line.

Aggggghhh.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Create an account / log in using the name ob Fred Farkle, to see whether the item is in stock.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See my thread "Gun Store Gripes" on this page.

Posts: 42 | Location: Southeast Texas | Registered: July 31, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
But how are they supposed to fill your inbox with crap telling you that they have a sale on hair gel and you can save 29 cents on pork loins every once in a while?

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Website ordering costs the store less than humans do. If they used people, the price would go up.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Website ordering costs the store less than humans do. If they used people, the price would go up.

I would gladly pay more to hear a human tell me if the item is in stock and when it will be shipped, how it will be shipped and the final price including shipping cost. A tracking number is a plus.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not saying it's you, but lots of folks talk about paying more, but when it comes down to it, cheap wins. I work at a store competing with one of the largest online retailers in the country. Their counter service is not optimal, so they look and fondle with us, but buy from them.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand the frustration. Some websites make it quite challenging to find and order an item. I have often ordered from a different website because the process was too difficult. Websites for small business are expensive and you would think there would be more consideration given to the ordering process.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Ordering as a "guest" is preferable, but I fear going the way of the dodo.

Not to worry, soon AI will handle all of your life for you. Won't that be great? Roll Eyes

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Prepare to be Spammed for the next 50 years. I ordered one item from a small online place and get spammed by them ever since.

Best of all, I "unsubscribed" and some months later, I got an e-mail, "here's what you've been missing since you unsubscribed. Would you like to come back?"

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
You've heard of "burner" phones, haven't you? The same thing exists for email accounts. Two that I use (free!) are mailinator.com and 10minutemail.net.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post