SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What goes thunk, "Stop!", and costs $1,000?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What goes thunk, "Stop!", and costs $1,000? Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted
Answer:
My truck and my 11 yo son spotting for my while backing up.

My wife says I need to give him specific instructions. It never dawned on me to tell he needs to yell stop BEFORE I hit something.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes but think of the fun you're going to have when the kid gets married and you show all the pics of the bloopers he made growing up.. Wink

Posts: 511 | Registered: May 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Maybe he wanted it to be a surprise!

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
That'll buff out.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

After two times, I got tired of backing into my garage, into my reloading bench. Ouch, right rear taillight assembly at $150 each. I got one of those horse play balls and hung it from the ceiling. It bounces off my rear window when I'm too close to the bench.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

After two times, I got tired of backing into my garage, into my reloading bench. Ouch, right rear taillight assembly at $150 each. I got one of those horse play balls and hung it from the ceiling. It bounces off my rear window when I'm too close to the bench.

I had never heard of a "horse play ball." Googled, found them on Amazon.

I have seen your solution but with a plain old cheap tennis ball.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

"Jolly Balls"

My big dog (nearly a horse) loves them too.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Things you never thought you'd have to say... Then you have kids

Tell me stop before I hit something

You have to put on clean underwear after taking a shower....

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Pointless Dent Repair should be able to push that out for far, far less than $1,000.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Things you never thought you'd have to say... Then you have kids

that was just plain unexpected and outright funny.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:

Actually, you don't have to. Your job as dad is to explain it to them. Then they can do as they please.

But if you put your dirty underies back on, you didn't take the shower.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
Pointless Dent Repair should be able to push that out for far, far less than $1,000.

Half of the bill is for painting because it's white pearl. The scratch goes to bare metal. That plastic rail cap needs to come off for painting and they tend to break, so that's another $160.

I wish it had been the taillight. Heck, I wish it happened two years ago when I could have bought a whole new take off bed for $1,000. I can get a brand new 2017 take off bed with taillights for $1,000, but it won't fit with out modification and it won't match the cab.

I'm going to explain to him that this will be his truck in 5 years and if he doesn't want a POS, he'd better start taking care of it now.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:

Actually, you don't have to. Your job as dad is to explain it to them. Then they can do as they please.

But if you put your dirty underies back on, you didn't take the shower.

Nah - just turn them inside out.

Trapper, was he on his phone texting or recording you?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
quote:
for my while backing up

He probably did not understand your instructions Smile

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

Trapper, was he on his phone texting or recording you?

LOL! I'm not raising millennials here. I'd slap him into next week if I caught him doing that.

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:

Here's a decent solution to garage parking. I used the tennis balls before but having to place them kinda low hanging to hit my windshield in the middle of the garage, plus when the car wasn't in the garage I inadvertently ripped it down one night when I ran into it in a hurry, I purchased this as a solution. First off, it goes up in the front of the garage and doesn't hang from the roof, plus it has two LED lights that blink brightly at day/night when you hit the fiberglass mounting rod. When I tap it and the LED's alert, I just place my car in neutral and let it slowly roll a tad back to let the pole stabilize and the LED's will stop blinking. I've had mine now for over a year and the LED's still flash on the same battery. In the photo you can see I marked the floor with a marker in case the signal gets bumped and I can replace it back to the ideal location for my car. For a pick-up I see they have a taller pole mount but I'd suppose that you could raise it on a small box or foundation if you didn't want to pay the up-charge for the longer pole. I can't tell you how many times I've saved my front bumper from hitting the storage box in front of my car in the garage. At night, it's the perfect ticket! Here's a link with a video and my photo of the base I marked on the floor for orientation.

>>>>LINK LED Stop Sign For Garage Parking

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
That'll buff out.

Say, that's clever! Will have to remember that, a new one on me.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

I have seen your solution but with a plain old cheap tennis ball.

I tried a tennis ball, but it is not loud enough. I usually see the tennis balls in use where people park front-in in the garage. You can see it hitting your front windshield. The horse ball makes a nice hollow "thunk thunk" and gets my attention, when I am not looking at it.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Back up cameras are the best things ever invented.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post